Assassin heading west and quicker than expected.

bbqwizard

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Late last week I placed my official order for an Assassin 28 in hopes that I would be able to practice with it a week or two before a contest in March. Well, in a recent turn of events, I received a call from Robin today informing me that they had another pit being built before mine but the purchaser had to hold off. After confirming my specifications etc., it should be sent to paint in the morning! I am totally stoked! I'm not sure when it will ship exactly but definitely sooner than expected. I will be competing at the end of this month but was planning to use my pellet cookers one last time before trying to sell them. However, if the Assassin arrives in time, I may just have to break it in at a contest. :clap2:

Happy Q'en
Phillip

Congrats on the new cooker! Can't believe they turn them out that quickly.

Congratulations, I am trying to decide between an Assassin and a Humphrey's currently.

Thanks guy's!

This is just amazing! Today I received pics of it while in paint. It ships tomorrow!!!! I will post pics as soon as I can get them loaded on photobucket.

Solid looking cooker you have there. What's going on for the maiden voyage?

Well that depends on its arrival. I may be breaking it in with the four major categories at a contest...lol. Otherwise biscuits and burgers for hot testing, then pork shoulders I think.

Phillip

Congrats brother Phillip!!!

P.S. you can post photos here when it arrives and the break in cook too.

You are going to really enjoy using the Assassin. It will take a couple of cooks to get you and the smoker dialed, but that is fun too.

So I am curious....does anyone use the water pan? I am hearing a lot of "no's" as it isn't needed. My theory however, would be that it may help recovery time given the extra heat from hot water or sand. As my good friend always say's "just thinking out loud".

Happy Q'en
Phillip

I've been cooking on mine for a year and a half...... Nice choice, you're gonna like it!!:mrgreen: And yes, I do use the water pan, personal preference and I do have alot of cooks on it....

Back