• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Carolina Reaper Corned Brisket Ready for Today on the Hunsaker

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Did a thread about the awesome Costco deal other folks were seeing and got lucky and picked up some briskets. Corned 2 and after 8 days they are out. 3 halves sealed up and smoking one later today.

I tweaked my recipe from last time with some more stuff for fun. Had the perfect amount of heat on it so we'll see how this round goes.

Qf9AMJpl.jpg

OOPxBwWl.jpg

JbWzUVFl.jpg

PcmTnTWl.jpg

Running to Costco here shortly just to take some things back and get a few snacks and some charcoal for a buddy..........hoping to show restraint since I still have 5 other briskets from that deal :becky:. I don't need any more meat or things we aren't going for.................:twitch:
EfWf3MUl.jpg

Running it on my Hunsaker which will be new for my corned beef.

I don't need any more meat or things we aren't going for.................:twitch:

Good luck with that, never works out for me. I came back with 18lbs of sausage and another brisket yesterday. :crazy:

I had a feeling that you might be headed towards pastrami... and it's nice to see my inkling confirmed.

That's going to be GOOD. Honestly, I'm a bit on the jealous side at the moment.

:pop2:

Yep...def pastrami instead of corned beef. Look like it's gonna be very tasty.

Ya. As it sat coming out of the brine it's all corned beef, until the smoke. Going to try and steam is more this time and will probably do it in the oven and start with boiling water in the pan. Restaurant Depot actually carries full corned beef packers that are great when I don't have any made myself, but I really like the homemade stuff. Interested to see how the additional flavors do this go round.

Restrained myself at costco as an FYI. On top of the returns we made only got some random clothes for the tiny human and bought some avocado's that were oddly all perfectly ripe in the bag, which is why I don't buy them there normally since getting multiple ripe doesn't happen much :shock:. So made a bunch of guac for this week and maybe for the pastrami later :becky:
7qGNywzl.jpg

fJtgP06l.jpg

xMIboFel.jpg

yq10T7ql.jpg

EUNJopzl.jpg

And here it is about 90mins in
Y2EZ9yql.jpg

do you vac seal the guac, or how do you keep it from discoloring? I've always made small batch for that reason.

do you vac seal the guac, or how do you keep it from discoloring? I've always made small batch for that reason.

To be honest a quarter of it is already gone......the rest is in a glad container. A little discolor which can happen doesn't bother me as it still tastes the same. This might last till Tuesday :clap2:

Marty you were correct . This was really good :-D. No joking this go round.....it was really really good.

Might be my favorite corned beef/pastrami so far :clap2:. Here it is cut in half and a slice. Went light on the meat.......
tGF2NCQl.jpg

XGLLMIBl.jpg

ufPdYyNl.jpg

Wife's sandwich with mustard
LG77CQOl.jpg

3rlZnp4l.jpg

My sandwich with thousand island and guac (super traditional :twitch:)
GyH9XMcl.jpg

2T3S8N4l.jpg

gF6Ah6ml.jpg

LGOfitnl.jpg

PykfN6hl.jpg

Back