Pork Roast - Smoke it or Crock Pot?

Imp81318

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi all, my wife brought home a marinated "pork roast" to cook tomorrow. The package says "Great for the crock pot" and gives instructions for pressure cooker, or to "sear to render fat" then roast in oven. Any reason not to smoke this hunk of meat (note that I don't know what the actual cut is...)? The package calls it a "boneless pork roast".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 108
With everything that's on it, you may as well put it in the crock pot. Don't expect it to taste like you want it to.

I say smoke it for a few hours then toss it in the pressure cooker with some veggies.

Since it has instructions for Crock Pot and pressure cooker, it's evidently meant to be cooked until it falls apart. Smoke it like a pork butt.

With everything that's on it, you may as well put it in the crock pot. Don't expect it to taste like you want it to.

Given everything else it is seasoned and marinated with I wasn't even necessarily going to add smoke wood. As log as it won't get dried out and tough cooking it on my WSM, I just prefer to cook outside with coal on a 65 degree February day over inside with a crock pot.

smoking it

Given everything else it is seasoned and marinated with I wasn't even necessarily going to add smoke wood. As log as it won't get dried out and tough cooking it on my WSM, I just prefer to cook outside with coal on a 65 degree February day over inside with a crock pot.

Makes sense to your average fire-tender!

Back