Adding Wheels to a WSM 18

rick1201

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I have decided to add a pellet pooper to my patio and need to add some portability to the WSM 18 for storage. Would like to know if anyone has added casters to their WSM. If so, how did you accomplish the mod. Maybe just place on a small movers dolly perhaps.Thank you for any feedback.

Rick

I picked up 3 casters at home depot, plus 3 flat washers. Drilled a hole in the base of each leg, then inserted the casters in the hole, and firmly fastened each with a nut and flat washer. Worked great!

I added wheel to my 22.5" WSM shortly after getting it. I picked up some casters from Menards I believe, ended up going with two locking casters and one non-locking caster.

I based the placement of the holes for my casters off the marks from the concrete. On my 22.5", the part of the leg that made contact with the ground wasn't necessarily right in the middle if that makes sense. It was a simple mod, drilled three holes and bolted the casters up. Makes a world of difference moving the WSM around. The 18.5" is much easier to pick up and move with one person but I still think the wheels would be a nice addition.

It was so shiny and new then...

Last edited:
I added wheel to my 22.5" WSM shortly after getting it. I picked up some casters from Menards I believe, ended up going with two locking casters and one non-locking caster.

I based the placement of the holes for my casters off the marks from the concrete. On my 22.5", the part of the leg that made contact with the ground wasn't necessarily right in the middle if that makes sense. It was a simple mod, drilled three holes and bolted the casters up. Makes a world of difference moving the WSM around. The 18.5" is much easier to pick up and move with one person but I still think the wheels would be a nice addition.

It was so shiny and new then...

Did mine just like this except all three casters are locking.

did my 22.5 same way. its the only way to go imo.

IMG_20140720_0858571_zps84928856.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Did the same on my 22....really like the added height to the cooking surface as well.

I rarely (as in never) move mine. If I did, I would want the wheels. Almost want them just for the added benefit of raising the height...

for what the wheels would have cost I just bought a moving dolly and mounted it to the dolly

Back