UPDATE... The Egg has Cracked!

smokinjim

Found some matches.
Reaction score
A follow up on the replacement parts... About 7 weeks have passed and I have received the replacement fire bowl and base for my XL Egg. The people at BGE were great! The delays were due to poor communication between the AD's staff and their innability to read. Each box had "this side up" on all four sides of the box. Each part was found in the warehouse sitting on its side. The first replacement base was cracked from top to bottom in two places, obviously dropped on its side... Everyone was furious. I was told that we had to run through the warranty process again, submit pics... BGE in Georgia intervened, second base took a week to get. The second replacement base was found in the AD's warehouse today sitting on its side! Fortunately it was in tact. The good news is that I didn't have to pay for any shipping and as promised, BGE's warranty is good!

Attachments

• eggparts.jpg
    eggparts.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 520
I am happy to hear that you were taken care of. I sure hope I never have to go through it with my Vision.

Good to see a local AD (Authorized Dealer?) know enough to help you with your claim

Glad to see a company stand by a warranty and not try weasel out of it somehow.

An extremely happy customer is money in the bank for an advertising budget. The small cost of replacing the parts for your XL is peanuts compared to the positive press and exposure they will get for going the extra mile and treating you above and beyond what most companies would not have done. Good for them and you! If more companies would do the same, we could almost justify the high cost of what we pay for our "Toys"

Blessings,

Omar

I am thrilled you were finally taken care of.

BGE and our local dealer here in East Lansing, Michigan took great care of me.

Glad you got your parts but I have to do it... Webers never have that issue:roll:

Back