Last Summer Smoke Post Your Pron!

Decoy205

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well yesteday was the last day of Summer. Some of my friends came by and I had to make ribs again. Any chance I can practice my Q I take it.

I didnt take pics of the whole cook. These were 3.5 hour ribs. One SLC and one BB. Used Oakridge Dominator rib rub and foiled after two hours. My mini wanted to go between 275-300 and then shot up to 325 for a good half hour. I wrapped at 2 hours then sauced then set the sauce for 30 mins. They were slammin! I only got one pic unfortunately.

And a close up to the goodness:

This was the first summer I really got into Q. And I thank all of the brethren for your tips tricks and excellent cooks this summer.

Please post your final smoke of the summer Pron!

-John

my last smoke of the summer was this...
ribbone2_zps19b77376.jpg

I feel a brisket coming on this week, which I guess is the start of the fall BBQ season

Yep - 12 months a year - What is that Ninja? - A sauced up Moink?

I hope you guys do! Just thought it'd be fun to see what everyone ended the season off with.

Not expecting ANYONE here to stop for colder weather!

This is my first year as a true smoker (last year I used the gasser). But here in Texas, I still grill and now will Q all year round. Even if I was in a cold place, I would still do it, but I admit I might not do it as often.

There is only summer and tourist season in these parts, with summer never ending until January. It may, just may make it into the 40's a couple days during tourist season.

Haha you guys are making this complicated. Just a fun thread to see some pics. It was not about stopping or anything.

I will say those of you with warm weather year round are lucky!

Haha you guys are making this complicated. Just a fun thread to see some pics. It was not about stopping or anything.

I will say those of you with warm weather year round are lucky!

I got it... last smoke of the summer, not last smoke of the year.

But about being lucky... we all have weather issues. You have to smoke in the snow... down here we smoke in the heat. It takes some kind of madness to sit outside next to a 275 degree smoker in the 95/95 heat and humidity. :loco:

But I do it (and actually look forward to it!) :becky:

That's what the cold Beer is for! My wife is gonna think Im nuts when I start to Q in the snow.

Boo-urns to winter especially since last year was the polar vortex...now the almanac is calling for a T-Rex of a winter.....dammit. The only saving grace is being able to bbq in the snow drifts and pretend the weather isn't all that "bad". :)

Here is my last cook of the summer...

Step 1 - make some homemade pepper sauce (This particular one is cayenne & serrano but I also make a Caribbean sauce)

Step two - whip up some buffalo sauce using the homemade pepper sauce and grill up some wings on the kettle

Step 3 - while the chicken is cooking toss on the last batch of ribs from the pig we butchered back in January. I call these "long bones" kind of a combo of the back and spares

Back