Grits and Eggs, Thanks to Armor

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
As I had mentioned before, Armor (Mike) sent me some grits from his families mill in Virginia. Seemed like I just had to try these, even skipped my morning coffee shop visit for these. Simple as can be, grits, Boshizzle sausage and eggs.

grits1_zps84e8cc40.jpg

I topped the sausage with a little Habanero Death Dust, to hit up the heat. Grits were mixed 50/50 white and yellow, just cooked with water and a little butter. This was a great breakfast, there is nowhere in my town that sells this.

And I highly recommend Amherst Milling Company in Virginia. Also, if you haven't yet, Boshizzle's dad's breakfast sausage is really good.

Clark, I would love to have a place that sold a breakfast like this in my town.

Looks like a dandy breakfast.

I been wanting to try that sausage.

AHhh.... could you be at my house in the morning & fix a me a plate?? I like to eat at 0500 & I'll even make Cathead Sordough biscuits with homemade peach jam to go with it:pray:

That is a great looking breakfast Bob! Oh and if you are out and about making Bludawg breakfast you can stop by my way on the way home! :pray::pray::pray: :becky::becky::becky:

Clark, I would love to have a place that sold a breakfast like this in my town.
Truth be known, there are not many places in the south now that sell that kind of breakfast. Unfortunately few restaurants will source or take time to cook real grits from a grits mill anymore.

By the way, Landac, that is a great looking breakfast. I like to mix the yellow and white grits too.

Add a piece of buttered toast and you have my breakfast about 4 days a week.

Nice job....think I'll fix breakfast for dinner tonight, the kids will love it.

Drat. No website? I'll have to check and see if its carried locally.

Website? I had to laugh when I read that. This Mill is as old school as they come. No website, no fax, all receipts are hand written. The cash register is the type that you push the keys and pull the handle. My uncle who owns and operates the Mill can be found there 6 days a week in bib overalls.

Website? I had to laugh when I read that. This Mill is as old school as they come. No website, no fax, all receipts are hand written. The cash register is the type that you push the keys and pull the handle. My uncle who owns and operates the Mill can be found there 6 days a week in bib overalls.

So, can you share an address so we can inundate him with orders?

You got the perfect texture on those grits, not too runny, not too thick. There are plenty of places here tat serve grits/sausage/eggs/biscuits but they all use the instant grits. That is beautiful!!

Back