Last Summer Smoke Post Your Pron!

For my last cook of the summer, I smoked some wings, and tossed with a Nando's Peri-Peri based sauce.

FAD4A67A-FA2E-4892-A93D-271808F53193_zps1fgd3iwx.jpg

82A6E2C3-F131-492D-B076-D67A4E76B7A6_zpshasnhbsc.jpg

6F3AFDF0-C7A4-473B-9643-1C2A49B44AA9_zpspdgvpinv.jpg

*I did some jerked thighs. Sorry no pictures. Maybe I'll get some pictures for my winter cooks. Love to cook in the winter. Keith

I live in Arizona, so there is no last smoke of the summer. The pics from my last smoke were lost due to technical difficulties, but these are my smofried wings and spares from the one previous.

Wingsandribs.jpg

I didn't take any meat pictures, but I fired up the old Shark for the first time in a looong while yesterday. I did a simple s&p brisket for some sandwiches.

The Gateways have spoiled me, this thing takes work to operate. After 2.5 hours the temp finally leveled off...at 325.

AHFxnmV.jpeg

Last edited:
Little Dog

Little cooker

Pepper Sauce

- 32ish peppers (the jar posted has 30 cayenne's and 4 or 5 serrano's)
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of sea salt

1) Combine all the ingredients & bring to a boil (peppers I leave whole, just cut the tops off)
2) Once at a boil, cover & reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes
3) Add mixture to blender (I found it's better to let the mixture cool before blending)
4) Strain the the mixture back into a sauce pan (I use a mesh strainer)
5) At this point you are ready to can/bottle the sauce

I would recommend at least 24 hour rest to let the flavors come together. It's pretty good right away but gets better with a little age.

So far I've made sauce using cayenne's, serrano's and caribbean's or some combo of the 3. I still want to make a batch using jalapeno's.

Back