First brisKet cook this Sunday, would like menu suggestions!

th3r00st3r

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Cooking my first brisket Sunday to christen my new PBC! Would like some menu suggestion to pair up with it. Will have some family and friends over. I would like that 5 Cheese Mac and Cheese the brother had in his Dino bones post :grin:.

Thanks in advance.

Coleslaw (smoked or regular), corn bread, pinto beans (with some brisket trimmings thrown in), maybe a green salad with some sliced peaches?

Hopefully your first brisket will be better than my first brisket, otherwise you'll be figuring out what pairs with pizza.

Good luck today! Remember, it's not done until it probes tender. Doesn't matter what your temp probe says.

BeerSSSSSSSSSSS, beans, tortillas, tater salad, spicy pickles, onion slices, jalapeños, bannaner puddin &Brownies

I always make my brisket central texas style (heavy on the course black pepper no sugar) and serve it with home made salsa , corn tortillas , onions, cilantro, and avocado. I like to call them Texican tacos. borracho beans and cilantro lime rice on the side

For the kids: freshly made lemonade and cube up some watermelon and serve chilled. Also, along with the pickles and onion, I like to fire roast some jalapenos.

You can't go wrong with anything man, it's brisket! Lately I've been having them alongside a good sausage, beer and texas toast. Sprinkle some pickled jalapenos, carrots and onions and I'm good to go.

Sliced pickles, sliced white onions, white bread all served on butcher paper to make it "authentic".

Beans, smoked Mac and cheese, green beans and potato salad for the sides.

I think cole slaw goes better with pork, but that just my opinion.

Back