• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tater Crust Quiche Inspired By Cowgirl - NOT Q

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Simple dinner last night. Jeanie posted a brisket pie yesterday and it solved my dinner question for last night. In a previous pork pie she had posted, I commented I had done something similar years ago with eggs, but in a microwave. So without further adieu...

Oiled a 12" CI skillet. Sliced one and a half medium Idaho taters and layered the bottom and around the rim. Since I was making a quiche like thingie, I put about 6 slices of thick cut bacon on the bottom (On top of the taters). Precooked this in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, I fried another 5 slices of the bacon, removed and drained, leaving some grease in the pan. In the bacon grease I sauteed 5 chopped green onions, green and white parts, added one chopped red bell pepper, an 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms, a tbs of minced garlic and a package of baby spinach. Layered that in the pan. Then, I mixed 3/4 cup sour cream and 3/4 cup hot tap water. Beat 7 large eggs, mixed in the crumbled bacon, SC/water mix, and about 1 1/2 cups shreadded chedder. Poured into the pan on top of veggies. Topped with about another cup of shreaded Italian 4 cheese blend. Turned the oven down to 375 and in it went for about 30 minutes. Here's the final result:

Got a little darker than I wanted, but I think the texture worked out great because of that though. Here's the slices:

This didn't take very long to do start to finish, and was a great, and easy, dinner. Thanks for the idea Jeanie!

Last edited:
Real men don't eat quiche but I would hit that for sure. It came out great.

Dude is that a Horta in your avatar? Sweet!

looks good to me . and i have the ci so i think i will put it on the menue

Looks good Guerry! I make something similar to that called cheeseburger pie that is pretty tasty. Yours looks great!

I read the title too fast and thought you used tater tots as a crust (awesome). I shouldn't have opened this link, now I'm starving. It looks soooo good!

Man! That is whats up. This is how to keep the inspiration going...Omlettes are my favorite- I have at least 3-4/week- so this is definately inspiring me to make this in the backwoods smoker..just using a bit of wood, I think it would taste great. Im going to give it a try tonight!

Man! That is whats up. This is how to keep the inspiration going...Omlettes are my favorite- I have at least 3-4/week- so this is definately inspiring me to make this in the backwoods smoker..just using a bit of wood, I think it would taste great. Im going to give it a try tonight!

Yeppers! Adding some smoke to this would take it over the top, for sure.

Back