Chicken legs.

T

tamadrummer

Here is a quick shot for tonight's supper. Legs flavored 3 ways.

Here are the first couple pics.

Grill is my SJS
Charcoal is Nature's Grilling brand hardwood briquettes.
Rubs are: mccormicks chicken rub, Oakridge gamebird and chicken, and Zatarain's creole seasoning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315874242.821774.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315874242.821774.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 200
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315874383.320945.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315874383.320945.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 199
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315874577.150757.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315874577.150757.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 197
picture.php

All good flavors.
I love the Zatarain's seasoning. Add it with many things... also very good just on its own!
Let us know which one wins out.

At this point I am going to have to go with the Oakridge, the Zat's is a bit salty (my fault I am sure I just used too much) and the McCormick's is a familiar old friend. I love their brand of rubs and have yet to use one I do not like.

So in order of best to really good but not the best:
Oakridge Gamebird and Chicken (with added kosher salt)
McCormick's Grillin Mates Chicken Rub
Zatarain's Creole seasoning

The kicker to this whole cook was the addition of Sticky Fingers Sweet Carolina sauce. That stuff is awesome!

fire looks close

In the back it is, I pile all the coal on one side of the Smokey Joe and then pull some to the "indirect" side. I could probably get away with using less but I get nervous like I won't have enough heat in the cooker. I use 3/4 of a chimney (el cheapo chimney not the huge Weber brand chimney) full of charcoal and try to allow the top pieces to get ashy before I dump into the cooker and stack for cooking.

can i see finished product please?

Yes, my phone is charging and as soon as it is done, I will get the chicken out and take a pic.

Turned out excellent. (I haven't let my wife see me taking pics of food yet for internet purposes.....:tape:....Not too sure if she would still love me.....:doh: )

Back