Thai Red Curry and Cornish Game Hen

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A few months ago I asked a few BBQ bloggers to join me in a month challenge. We generate a list of four random ingredients and have to cook a meal using those ingredients.

Zydecopaws and LandarcBBQ already posted their creations. Here's mine...

Thai Red Curry and Cornish Game Hen. So, just what's up with that combination.
No I wasn't sitting around on Saturday afternoon and thought, "Hey why don't you grill up a cornish game hen and serve it with Thai Red Curry." It's just not something a person would think about putting together. At least not a sane one anyway. And when you toss in some green beans, sweet potatoes and cranberries you've got a interesting combination of ingredients.

Followers of this blog will know that each month I join a fellow group of BBQ enthusiasts for a "4 Ingredient Challege." The challenge requires us to use four randomly selected ingredients to great a meal. This month the ingredients selected were:
  • Cornish Game Hen
  • Cranberries
  • Green Beans
  • Sweet Potatoes
TRC6.jpg

The pictures shows the Thai Red Curry Sauce with grilled sweet potatoes, cornish game hen and tempura green beans infused with cranberry italian soda.

More pictures and complete details are here.

Nice dish Larry. At some point you are going to have to share your secrets as to how you got that to stay stacked up like that... :becky:

Wow, does that look good! How did the tang of the cranberries taste with the spice of the curry? Interesting combination!

Wow, does that look good! How did the tang of the cranberries taste with the spice of the curry? Interesting combination!

The cranberries were in the tempura and not the red curry. I did dip a few of the tempura green beans into the curry and it tasted good.

"The cranberries were in the tempura and not the red curry. I did dip a few of the tempura green beans into the curry and it tasted good."

Got it. I really do think that is an amazing looking dish! Thanks!

Back