pork loin back rib help

D

Dagobaker

ok at sams club on clearance i bought 4 nice racks for 23 dollars.......
how should i smoke them?
low temp like 160 degrees or 225?.....and how long?
i dont want to dry them out..............
i was going to rub them and then smoke for 4 hours on 225......sound right?
i use the traegger 075

Your better option is to cook till desired internal temp is attained. When it is done....it is done.

Wayne

yep, 225 for 4 to 5 hours is about right. Some do the 3-1-1 method and works great. Smoke away bro, your right on track.

You don't want to worry about internal temps on ribs. Loin backs will cook a little quicker than spares. 225 is a good temp. We do loin backs on the UDS in about 3 - 4 hours without foil. Spares run about 4 1/2 - 5 hours without foil. Grate temps usually settles in around 235 - 240 degrees. Juicy and tender. Every time I use foil, they are way overdone which is what people refer to as fall off the bone. Not my preference for a well cooked ribs. Just an opinion. The meat should pull back from the bone around 1/2 inch or so and the slab should bend almost 90 degrees from the middle. Run a toothpic between a few bones to see how tender if you want. Let us know what you do. Good luck.

You don't want to worry about internal temps on ribs. Loin backs will cook a little quicker than spares. 225 is a good temp. We do loin backs on the UDS in about 3 - 4 hours without foil. Spares run about 4 1/2 - 5 hours without foil. Grate temps usually settles in around 235 - 240 degrees. Juicy and tender. Every time I use foil, they are way overdone which is what people refer to as fall off the bone. Not my preference for a well cooked ribs. Just an opinion. The meat should pull back from the bone around 1/2 inch or so and the slab should bend almost 90 degrees from the middle. Run a toothpic between a few bones to see how tender if you want. Let us know what you do. Good luck.

I had the neighbors over for smoked ribs and with the CG's uneven heat, 2 of the 4 racks were fall off the bone and 2 were not. They absolutely loved the fall off the bone ribs and wouldn't eat the others. They would take a bite and would just leave 'em on the plate if the meat didn't fall off the bone. :roll:

By the way, I LOL'd at your avatar description... :-D

Update

ok they are dry rubbed and on the smoker
using mesquite apple and cherry
i want to get the garlic and pecan next time

Attachments

• DSC_07990001.jpg
    DSC_07990001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_08000001.jpg
    DSC_08000001.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_08010001.jpg
    DSC_08010001.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_08020001.jpg
    DSC_08020001.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_08030001.jpg
    DSC_08030001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 44
btw........they were a steal.....23 for all 4 at sams club..........225$ a pound on clearance

Papa, I know what you mean. So many places market fall off the bone ribs that that is what a lot of folk expect. It is certainly the easiest to do.
Dago, those look good brother! Great price as well. Keep us posted with your outcome. Good luck!

running 225 to 250 on temp......looking good
figure ill keep checking every hour and figure 3 to 4 hours

Looks good - great buy - be sure and post more pron when they're done...Oh, you DID remember to boil them first, right :)

im nervous about over cooking them.........they are 3 hours into smoking and ive turn them down to 180 for the last hour to kick up the smoke

over 5.5 hours and not done lol
im thinking 8 total
ill take some pron

Back