Show us your BBQ Shed/Shack

TRRH

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Greetings
I am planning to build a BBQ shed to house an offset, WSM etc. I am thinking 10'x10' and enclosed to use in our cold, snowy winters. I have Googled BBQ Shed/Shack/building but have not found much to help guide my design.

If you have a pic of your BBQ area/shed it would be great to share it as well as any words of wisdom re air flow, size et.
To start, here are a few designs that I may try to incorporate.
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:
IMHO the 3-sided (red roof) pic will work a lot better. If you try close it off too much, you'll end up cutting down on your airflow. Your goal should be more of a glorified wind blocker than a smoke shack.

Mine started out as a standard tool shed, then we modified it. Ran electrical & DirecTv, installed a fridge & beer tap, also extended the roof for extra cover. The inside has shelves on 3 sides, no cookers inside, but plenty of room for my other gear. Nothing fancy, but it more than meets my needs.

27139399504_94d1bc03d9_b.jpg

I built a 10x30 deck across he back of my garage and built a 12x12 shed on the end of the garage. The shed is a temporary structure sitting on three skids and is not attached to the garage.

pitpatioslicerwok001_zps5a1b262b.jpg

Pics of the inside of the shed:

pitpatioslicerwok007_zpsc55439e1.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok006_zpsca369487.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok005_zpsac3ffeda.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok004_zpsa1c2cae9.jpg

The shed is more for storing my Weber collection, supplies and whatnot than it is a cooking shack/shed.

I have learned this, 12x12 may sound big, but it's not. If I had it to do over again I would have built no smaller than 16x12, preferably 20x12.

Mine started out as a standard tool shed, then we modified it. Ran electrical & DirecTv, installed a fridge & beer tap, also extended the roof for extra cover. The inside has shelves on 3 sides, no cookers inside, but plenty of room for my other gear. Nothing fancy, but it more than meets my needs.

27139399504_94d1bc03d9_b.jpg

Great space, has it all. My problem is trying to have a BBQ space that I can use when it 20 below and 3 ft of snow:oops:
Thanks for sharing

Man do you guys really want me to post a picture of my front yard? LOL nothing fancy. I wheel my vertical offset from the garage to the drive way, I cook with the other cookers in the front yard :D

Man do you guys really want me to post a picture of my front yard? LOL nothing fancy. I wheel my vertical offset from the garage to the drive way, I cook with the other cookers in the front yard :D

fark ya show us

Back