Show us your BBQ Shed/Shack

This is EXACTLY what I'd like to do. May I have more info on the carport?

Just search the inter net for metal carports in your area.But do compare prices,there was a $700 difference in price for the same carport.Mine is 20 X 26 feet,the side wall are 7 foot high.I had it built certified,this means it is supposed to stand 130 mph winds and 30 pounds of weight per square foot.This one cost me just a tad under $ 2000.The gravel cost me about $300 and treated timber wood rack cost I think it was $ 250.The racks have 4 sections that measure 8 foot long by 7 foot high. So when full they hold close to two and a half cords of wood.You can get these carports built about any way you want them.

I am real lucky.im a pipe welder and the fitter that works with me used to build high end houses.he was able to do all this in 3 days on the main area and 2 days on the lean too.i helped the best I could.i can't saw a 2x4 straight.lol

4878643057_74f75bb42a_z.jpg

4879252542_2679578c83_z.jpg

Problem is its not big enough, already filled it up plus some lol...

Thanks for all the replies to date....great to see the variety of spaces we use for BBQ. my daughter is getting married this week so my build plans are on hold til Aug 10...still not sure what we will build...has to work in 3ft snow and cold..cold temp from dec- March (for USA friends, it's like Maine...not my favourite spot on this lanes..Maui--where I hope to spend February- March)
I'll post pics when it's done
Cheers
Terry

I built a 10x30 deck across he back of my garage and built a 12x12 shed on the end of the garage. The shed is a temporary structure sitting on three skids and is not attached to the garage.

pitpatioslicerwok001_zps5a1b262b.jpg

Pics of the inside of the shed:

pitpatioslicerwok007_zpsc55439e1.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok006_zpsca369487.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok005_zpsac3ffeda.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok004_zpsa1c2cae9.jpg

The shed is more for storing my Weber collection, supplies and whatnot than it is a cooking shack/shed.

I have learned this, 12x12 may sound big, but it's not. If I had it to do over again I would have built no smaller than 16x12, preferably 20x12.

That's awesome. Nice collection.

TRRH..,,a lot dont understand what you said about 4 feet of snow and sub zero temps.

A 12x12 board and batten shed roof with doors will do ya.

put the lower end of the roof toward the windward side.

leave some of the upper soffit's open,,you will get all the air exchange you need when that alberta clipper comes thu !! LOL !!

i know how it is putting the snowmobile suit on to tend the cooker :)

BBQ Shed...

Good advice re BBQ in the North..current .thoughts are 10x12 shed with board and batten pressure treated walls, two windows, sliding vents near the floor for draft for WSM, steel sloped roof and a sliding door...located about 6 ft from house

Back