What do you use to marinade in?

W

wishinfishin

Stainless steel chafing pan? ziplock baggie? tupperware? etc. I think I read somewhere that SS is not good to marinade in. Anyone have any input?

Ziplocks most of the time.
Stainless steel should be fine to marinate in. It is non-reactive. Aluminum is a no-no.

wishinfishin said:
NSF ? Definition please.

National Sanitation Foundation = NSF

A third party testing organization like Underwriters Lab, except for the food service industry. They assure that products and tools are safe for the uses that they are intended for.

Ziplocs for me. If I ever marinate a brisket or something, I suppose I'd have to find something bigger. When there's room, I'll put the ziploc in a bowl or pan of some sort in case of leaking. Usually, I take my chances.

I use this old cooler that's got a busted zipper. That white plastic insert comes out so it's easy to wash and it's the perfect size to fit in the fridge containing a 16# brisket in Dr. Pepper marinade.

Attachments

• marinaderaw.jpg
    marinaderaw.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 119
  • fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 119
VitaminQ said:
Ziplocs for me. If I ever marinate a brisket or something, I suppose I'd have to find something bigger. When there's room, I'll put the ziploc in a bowl or pan of some sort in case of leaking. Usually, I take my chances.

They have those new XL & XXL ziplocs. Can hold a good sized brisket or multiple butts.

I prefer to marinate, myself, in Vodka.

5 eggs and some canned fruit doth not make for a well stocked fridge!

Ziplocks for me too!

I'm with Joe, vodka, and if I want to impress blue cheese stuffed olives. But mostly vodka and ice.
Ditto on the ziplocks

rbinms33 said:
I use this old cooler that's got a busted zipper. That white plastic insert comes out so it's easy to wash and it's the perfect size to fit in the fridge containing a 16# brisket in Dr. Pepper marinade.

BUD LIGHT?????

Sledneck said:
BUD LIGHT?????

Cool....that's exactly the reaction I'm looking for. See, that's actually Guinness. I put it in Bud Light cans so the neighbors will think I'm cheap and not drink my good beer. And those Busch N/A cans.....that's actually Sam Adams. Pretty slick, huh?

Ron_L said:
I've heard that plastic garbage bags are all the rage on Long Island. :rolleyes:

Every time I think of this, I can't help but laughing. I know it wasn't funny at the time but this story is like a good wine, it only gets better with time. Don't get MAD.....get GLAD!!!

Back