New member from North Carolina

Carolina OutlawZ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for a great forum.
My desire to learn cooking started in my teenage years but my BBQ addiction only started 3 years ago.

I started with a vertical propane smoker and bought an older New Braunfels offset last year. I took it straight to the shop and tore into it. Modified it to a reverse flow with new rack, stack, wheels, etc. etc.
My newest adventure is a late 40's or early 50's Philco refrigerator that will be a pellet smoker. I finished the fridge 2 weeks ago and so far have 2 cooks on it. It cooks very nice but almost feels like cheating the BBQ system. :icon_shy
I also started my gravity fed smoker this week. This project seems to moving quickly and hope to be complete in a few weeks.

Hoping to have them both at Hog Happenin in Lincolnton!

After modifications and ready for a burn!

First Burn!

First Competition - All Butts

My first competition and first time boxing! - Won wood division with 17 teams

Original Fridge

Finished

First Load - 3 butts, 2 racks ribs, 2 chuckies, and 14lbs of chicken.

Happy Smoking to All!

Wayne Lucado
Carolina OutlawZ

You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb: I love that Philco, good stuff!!!

Way to fire out an opening shot, neighbor!

Welocme to THE only BBQ forum!

Thanks guys

Come say hello if you get a free minute Tom. I'm still trying to decide if I should do the amateur or take the step to Professional. This will be my 2nd event and still learning and experimenting.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Thanks Militant, Thanks Sasee!

I actually grew up outside of Mooresville and still work there. Mooresville got crazy big quick, so we went to a smaller farming community about 30 miles northwest!

Wayne

Back