• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal Q&A

Can anyone tell me about the American Royals Team Town Hall on the Thursday evening. Whats it all about and how long does it go for? Also what do teams do in terms of catering in the lead up for the Comp. Are their food vans running or do we bring our own tucker in?

Can anyone tell me about the American Royals Team Town Hall on the Thursday evening. Whats it all about and how long does it go for? Also what do teams do in terms of catering in the lead up for the Comp. Are their food vans running or do we bring our own tucker in?

If you missed the town hall meeting (it was a couple weeks back), you didn't miss much. Mostly a rehash of what's already online, but it did provide an opportunity to ask questions. Much was still undecided and has been/will be updated since then. We left before it ended as the questions became less "interesting"...

Regarding food, I believe there will be vendors setting up Friday - Sunday, but no idea what their hours will be. Usually there is something open if the public are still allowed on the grounds. I think most folks bring food to cook on site for their team/friends/guests; that's what we have always done.

These two should be able to handle any questions unanswered here:

Emily Park
Manager, World Series of Barbecue®
emilyp@americanroyal.com
816-569-4021

Eric Pew
Coordinator, World Series of Barbecue®
ericp@americanroyal.com
816-569-4033

We will be in #219, stop in and say hello if you like...just look for the cloud of cigar smoke!

so are we going to get vehicle passes and wristbands in the mail or are they picked up on arrival? the non cooking half of our party is arriving Wednesday before us

According to the notes from the Town Hall meeting, an email will be sent to the "email on file" with vouchers to be exchanged for wristbands once you arrive. As for vehicle passes, it states, "No tags will be provided to teams for cars on infield or in team lot."

Every team is allowed one on site, I would assume you can load in and move vehicles off side when unloaded if you have multiple vehicles of stuff

If anyone has 2 extra passes, I'd be happy to take them off your hands

Thx!

I'll be stopping out Thursday evening for the Smithfield event, I could stop by your site to grab them.

If anyone has 2 extra passes, I'd be happy to take them off your hands

Thx!

I'll be stopping out Thursday evening for the Smithfield event, I could stop by your site to grab them.

I have 4 extra wristbands I bought and the people cant come. If you'd like a couple PM me and we can work out the details.

Anybody else have extra wristbands I need three...planned a last minute trip with Skip (hubby) and a co-worker of his. If you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated :cool:

Will we get a scoresheet packet ever? I'd love to see some of the table dynamics.

Will we get a scoresheet packet ever? I'd love to see some of the table dynamics.

It's been less than a week, lol. I'm anxiously awaiting them also. And I'm curious to see how much in taxes they hold out of prize money 😂

Back