Older BBQ guru help

Drh7003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a meadowcreek PR 60 with a BBQ guru system. Bought it used a couple of years ago. The system doesn't have a separate controller, it is built into the main fan. The second fan is a slave fan and operates in unison with the main fan via the thermocouple.
The problem I am having is that it turns on, runs for a while then stops, no matter what the temperature it is set at. It also will not run just the main fan, the slave unit has to be plugged in. It used to work with just the main fan/controller, now the slave has to be plugged in for it to work.

Any ideas? At first I thought it may be the power supply, so I switched it out with the other BBQ Guru power supply I have and it worked the exact same way.

I am hoping it isn't a big ticket item, since they do not offer this type of set up anymore. It would be a shame, because the 25 cfm fan in the main box works fine (doesn't make noise, etc) and I really don't want to have to buy another controller if I don't have to.)

It is a Pit Boss 25 model
IMG_20150414_161358430_zpst3sca091.jpg

I bought a used ProComm that had controller issues and they took care of it along with new probes.

I contacted the guys at BBQ Guru. No parts for my ancient system....but got a sweetheart deal on a digiq system for my pit. Happy dance!
I have to say, they NEVER fail to impress me!

Back