Kettle pizza question

Xentrik1

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hopefully this is not a dumb question. Is there any negative effects on my WSM by using the high temperatures needed with the pizza kettle. I was wondering if it will mess up my seasoning

I do pizza on my kettle all the time. Usually run about 500 at the dome. No effect at all on kettle.

I didn't see any effects on mine. I did a direct pre-grill of the crust which got the coals all fired up, then put the WSM back together, topped the pizza, and threw it back on to heat the toppings and melt the cheese. I did not remove the water pan. I may do that next time to get a little more char / crispness to the crust.

The problem I have run into more than once is burning off the plating on the grill grates, specifcially in the area where the pizza stone is. granted, i try to use the same ruined grill grate for making pizza so I don't ruin more but sometimes that doesn't always happen. None th eless I just bough a craycort CI grill grate so i don't think I'll have that problem again.

Thanks for that tip Grimm. I just did pizza for the first time this last week. I'll have to check my grates where the stone sat...

Back