Weekend in Philly for the UFC and BBQ

LOUMAFF3

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My brother-in-law and I are going to the first UFC fight at the Wachovia Center in Philly (8-8-09).:biggrin:
Still a two months away, but planning ahead. We are looking to have some great BBQ while visiting. Does anyone have some suggestions?:?:

Whooleys at the Legion Hall in Ambler,Pa. down by the tracks. He only cooks Friday and Saturday but you wont find any better pork ribs. PM me if you need directions and dont bother to google it is a local secret. As far as "steaks", Pats is still good but Pudgies in Blue Bell, Pa. has some of the best. BBQ is hard to come by around here but the trip to Whooleys is well worth the travel;Lucky for me he is a friend from the south and almost in my back yard!

Try Ron's Ribs

Try this place I heard they have good ribs. I haven't had a chance to get there to sample but soon I will. Enjoy Philly!

Ron's Ribs

(215) 732-3561

1627 South St

Philadelphia, PA 19146

Pig Daddy's...[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] 693 Burmont Road, Drexel Hill, PA 19026
Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
11AM - 9 PM
Sunday 1 PM - 9 PM
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
10-622-6441[/FONT]

Chosen #1 in Philly!!:biggrin:

Although I have no doubt there is good Que in the Land of Brotherly Love, but come on Brethren; We go to Philly for the Cheese Steaks. Seriously.

I now provide two links; One for the Birthplace of the Philly Cheese Steak, and his closest competitor. The best part is that they are across the street from each other, so you can check them out before deciding.

The Original: www.patskingofsteaks.com
The other guy: www.genosteaks.com

I've been to Pat's, and damn good steaks. My next trip will be Geno's, whidh I will have to try before I can say which is the best.

-TJ

It's funny hearing people outside of Philly Talking about BBQ in Philly. There are a few good Places to go, my favorite in the past 5 years has been Sweeet Lucy's Smoke House. Real good BBQ.

Check out Reading Terminal Market.
Where will you be staying?
If you can get out to Malvern try Jimmys
As far as cheesesteaks try Jims on South Street.

Back