Archibald's in Northport, AL. Ever been?

Anyone tried Archibald's BBQ in Northport, AL?

I posted this on the Road trip board without any luck. Has anyone ever eaten at Arhcibald's in Northport, AL? This place is truly a dump but is one of the most raved about places from people around that area. We will be going to Alabama this summer and will be close enough to Northport to drive. Wanted to see if any of the brethren had eaten there and is it worth a trip?

http://benfranklinfollies.com/archibalds-bar-b-que-the-best-barbecue-ever/

Never been to it myself but I think I know someone who has (family in area) so I'll see if I can get something from them. I've heard there was some kind of lineage to Dreamland but can't remember what exactly that is. If you get around B'ham - Jim & Nick's, Full Moon (several locations of each ) & Moe's are some to consider

Never been to it myself but I think I know someone who has (family in area) so I'll see if I can get something from them. I've heard there was some kind of lineage to Dreamland but can't remember what exactly that is. If you get around B'ham - Jim & Nick's, Full Moon (several locations of each ) & Moe's are some to consider

I've eaten at the Moe's in Orange Beach and to be honest it wasn't that good. Tasted a lot like chain bbq. But if you go on Urbanspoon and Yelp (at that time) people raved about it. But we just weren't impressed at all.

Just didn't care for the flavor profile of anything I tried. To me it was similar to the Rendezvous in Memphis, and I don't like it either...

Back