Last Couple of Cooks w/ pron

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been super busy so I haven't been able to cook much, let alone post much about the cook. So I am dropping some pron of my last 2 cooks.

Smoked Beef Sausage and BBQ Beef Short Ribs done with pecan wood, old bay roasted potato wedges, grilled sourdough, torta talong (eggplant ommelette), and smoked onions.
tSRoud8.jpg

Action shot of the short ribs, right before I wrapped them as I liked the color that was on them.
AaPr13x.jpg

Old Bay roasted potato wedges. I cooked the wedges on the kettle with the coals I had left from my ring of fire.
wkULSA2.jpg

Torta Talong (eggplant omellette filipino style) and smoked onions. I roasted the eggplants over the coals of the ring of fire while the short ribs were wrapped. I peeled them and smashed them up, dipped them in eggs and pan fried it. Onions I cut the ends up and peel them, threw them on the kettle while the eggplants were roasting also. Once they got nice and soft, cut them into 8ths, put them in a cast iron skillet that sat in the kettle to let them caramalize.
3jRvxIg.jpg

Plated shot. Obviously the sour dough bread was grilled on the kettle over the left over coals.
QrBkWMS.jpg

Last cook was bbq spare ribs (trimmed to st louis cuts) and rib tips, bbq spatchcocked chicken, cheesy cornbread muffins, mashed roasted sweet potatos, corn and edamame beans.
Z0LUfqd.jpg

Cheesy cornbread muffins and ribs. The ribs were done with Simply Marvelous Cherry rub with maple wood on my kettle.
3dQmgz9.jpg

Cheesy cornbread muffins with the spatchcocked chicken that was carved up. I brined with 2 parts kosher salt, 1 part brown sugar, 1 part old bay, pinch of peppercorns and crushed red pepper flakes for 8 hours, then drained and back into the fridge to allow the skin to dry for 4 hours. I seperated the skin from the meat of the chicken before rubbing with olive oil and using leftover APL tri tip rub on it.
FPcKxfD.jpg

Just the chicken carved up. I carve it up by separating the drumsticks and wings. Then taking the thighs off and chopping it up, and separating the breasts and slicing into big chunks. I like presenting it so it looks like a chicken that was flattened out, and you can see the separating of the white meat and dark meat. The missing skin from the chicken breast was from my friends picking at it. The skin was nice and bite through. This was cooked at 400 degrees with maple wood on a kettle.
jtqVNF7.jpg

The veggies that were done on the stove.
QfX1FYA.jpg

My plate for dinner.
fThiwiX.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looks great! I have yet to do beef ribs. I need to get on that.

Man I'm glad lunch is getting close that looks Mmmmmmmm Gud!

Back