Interesting smoker

Someone sent me this pic of a smoker.

That thing looks cool, but I have a question for you pit builders and smoker geniuses out there. Would it really cook? Or should I say would it work well? Reason I'm asking is because I've heard/read that if your exhaust is too tall the smoke will essentially not make it out the top of the exhaust. That stack looks awful tall. Just seems like the fire would have to be really hot to get the smoker to exhaust out the top of the stacks.
I'm not knocking the smoker, it looks cool. Just trying to get a better understanding on how this all works. :becky:

That thing looks cool, but I have a question for you pit builders and smoker geniuses out there. Would it really cook? Or should I say would it work well? Reason I'm asking is because I've heard/read that if your exhaust is too tall the smoke will essentially not make it out the top of the exhaust. That stack looks awful tall. Just seems like the fire would have to be really hot to get the smoker to exhaust out the top of the stacks.
I'm not knocking the smoker, it looks cool. Just trying to get a better understanding on how this all works. :becky:

as far as your question about the exhaust goes, I don't really think so

I have a wood burning stove in my cabin and the stack on that must be 20 ft tall. I do have to preheat it when its real cold to get the air moving in it

if this thing really cooks or not is another question lol

I'm thinking that having the 2 separate heat chutes would collect more poison than safe heat. The first heat area requires proper venting for safety. This device looks dangerous.

as far as your question about the exhaust goes, I don't really think so

I have a wood burning stove in my cabin and the stack on that must be 20 ft tall. I do have to preheat it when its real cold to get the air moving in it

if this thing really cooks or not is another question lol

Yes I heat with 95% wood in the winter with a wood furnace in the basement and up two stories and out (40' chimney ish). Once the draft is established its all up and does not take much to keep it going. The taller, the better the draft.

As for cooking in the bottom, I think it would be all fire.

Back