Fig Preserves

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A good friend has a big fig tree that's been producing figs for over 40 years. Today I visited and came home with a box of fresh ones. The box is close to one cubic foot. That's a lot of figs.

My Wife aka LuzziAnn wants to try making fig preserves. She's going to get Mason jars etc and give it a go. I said all that to say this, Does anyone have a fig jelly or jam recipe?

I'm going to put a few on the grill wrapped in bacon. Fig Pigs are a Mighty Thang!

Any help for jelly/jam and /or whole preserves is appreciated.

Some I did awhile back:

254ztjo.jpg

a5dkz7.jpg

Bad pic's but Great taste.

Thanks! :thumb:

I so remember as a child picking figs at Grampa and Nanas down in Shreveport, Louisiana. Her fig preserves were wonderful. As I remember they had a lemon slice in them. I have searched long and hard to find that recipe but to no avail. Please I am begging help Toast out (and Me) post your Fig Preserves recipes.

Thanks,

Jim

BTW Toast where is that tree?

I so remember as a child picking figs at Grampa and Nanas down in Shreveport, Louisiana. Her fig preserves were wonderful. As I remember they had a lemon slice in them. I have searched long and hard to find that recipe but to no avail. Please I am begging help Toast out (and Me) post your Fig Preserves recipes.

Thanks,

Jim

BTW Toast where is that tree?

Thanks Jim. We've got one recipe with grapes, raisins and orange slice in them but I too remember it done differently as a kid.

The tree is in my Friend's yard a stone's throw away from the Southeast city limits.

Can't help you with a recipe, but my cousin has been making fig jam for years now. Well, we set up a trade for some BBQ for a few jars of his jam. I tell you what. I gave him some of the finest brisket and homemade sausage I had and I think I got the good end of the deal. This stuff is legit. I'm eating peanut butter and fig jelly sandwiches at least every other day. I'm going to run out soon and not know what to do.

Back