Pork Picnic in the Davy Crockett (w/a little PrOn)

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I realized I was maxed out on vacation yesterday, so I worked (just a little) from home today. The only dilemma was that snow was coming in this morning and it was in the 20s overnight (I know I have become a wuss since moving to Texas). I started an 11 lb pork picnic (skin removed) at around 8:00 last night at 225 and took naps between loading pellets and making sure that they were dropping into the auger alright overnight. Finished up around 10:00 this morning right before the snow started. I had just enough time for the pooper to cool off and get the cover on. Pulled after about 30 minutes tented on the counter. Poured a little bit of the drippings into the pork after pulling. I think I am 4 out of 5 weeks making pork, but the prices have been so low that I couldn't pass it up (the picnic was $0.89/lb). I am almost burnt out on pork. This is the first time in a while that I don't have any pork thawed in the fridge. I just need to finish the picnic leftovers this weekend.

Looks great man. Prices have been pretty awesome on pork.

When I start getting "burnt out" on something,... that's when we eat chicken ! lol

Back