• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dales Seasoning

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone ever added Dales to their Brine for turkey. I got some on vacation and still havent used any yet. Was thinking it might work in a flavor brine.

Anyone ever added Dales to their Brine for turkey. I got some on vacation and still havent used any yet. Was thinking it might work in a flavor brine.

When I was a newbie, I used it as a marinade for steak. It's REALLY salty and has loads of MSG - I'd stay away from it. Just sayin'.

It is very salty. It's very popular here as a steak marinade. I don't really care for it. There is another brand called Moore's that is very similar but less salty. In a brine it would probably work, if you like the flavor. Just plan for the amount of salt already in the marinade.

I use it for Deer steak kabobs. Very Very salty. Think Soy sauce. I wouldnt dare put it in anything but red meat, and it has to be some bad tastin meat at that.

In a brine I would go for it. I also like the Moores a bit more. I actually use it to brush on burgers as the grill up, especially the frozen hockey puck patties we make from time to time at big family gatherings. Other than that, not on beef although I have marinated chicken legs and thighs with it in a diluted form and really liked the flavor.
Last I saw, there was a low salt version that has green label on the bottle. Still salty, but nowhere near as much.

I use Dale's often but am very careful to how much I use. For the 4lb.rump roast I cooked the other night, I probably only used 1tsp of Dales to 1/8 cup of Worteschire, 1/4 cup of Yoshida's, and an 1/8 cup of Kitchen Bouquet.

As Neil said, I like to use Dales for a marinade too, especially on chicken, but mixed with other ingredients as well. I do like the Dales flavor though. So, I would probably use it for a brine.

It's also very dark and may discolor the turkey but I don't know for sure.

In a brine I would go for it. I also like the Moores a bit more. I actually use it to brush on burgers as the grill up, especially the frozen hockey puck patties we make from time to time at big family gatherings. Other than that, not on beef although I have marinated chicken legs and thighs with it in a diluted form and really liked the flavor.
Last I saw, there was a low salt version that has green label on the bottle. Still salty, but nowhere near as much.

I use Dales in brines for venison and beef sometimes. Just picked up a bottle of the Moores... Have not tried it yet though. If Bob uses it, it has to be good. :biggrin:

Cool Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I better do a chicken before Thanksgiving.

Important Information

Ingredients
Soy Sauce (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Water, Salt, Corn Syrup, Caramel Coloring), Onion, Garlic, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Ginger, Paprika.

From Amazon's Site.

Looking at the basic ingredients, I would try making my own. Very simple ingredients. Use a low salt soy sauce and then dilute with water and go with fresh minced onion, garlic, and ginger. It will give the meat a dark color if used right out of the bottle, but I don't think it would impart as much color once diluted in the brine mixture. You could leave out the MSG by making your own.

That dont quite sound right. I had better Cook a Chiken before I try it on Thanksgiving.

Dan

Dales has its place, moores is less salty, but my favorite is Allegro. it goes with almost all meat, and i've never had anyone say they didn't like it.

Back