First run on Humphreys pint (seasoning)

Chelps03

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Finally was able to get the new smoker out for a little seasoning!! Filled the charcoal pan about halfway full and put a lil water in her and lit her up. Came to temp pretty fast for just lighting such a small amount of charcoal. And using the daisy wheel to lock in temps was a breeze (will prob get a guru later). Had her about halfway open then closed her about a quarter the way and she settled in right at about 265 degrees. Ran her for awhile to set the rope gasket then threw in a little wood for smoking and sprayed her down with oil. Might end up doing one more seasoning before I start cooking on her. These humphreys are built like a tank and the craftsmanship is second to none! I am very pleased with the purchase and look forward to many cooks on her (Sheila).

I also wanted to say thank you to Kevin as he has been a pleasure to do business with. Quick to answer any questions and was very patient with me as it took me awhile to pull the trigger on my final decision. I would recommend him and these smokers to anyone that is looking for a fine product with great customer service. Thanks again Kevin!!!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 319
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 318
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 318
I WANT ONE! Shiny Blue with Stsinless Doors OR CAMO! :mrgreen:
I WILL have me a Pint one day. :heh:

Great looking cooker! You have to excuse Smitty, he's like a dog humping your leg when someone mentions Humphrey's. No self control.:biggrin1:

Looks like you are off to a great start and your seasoning is done.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your first cook.

I also agree that they are built with superior craftsmanship second to none. They are in a class far above the others.

I'm curious to see how well you can control the temperature without a guru in the future. I don't plan to use one right away either. I like to cook around 225 and I'm hoping it will stay in that range relatively easily.

Back