Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Atlanta BBQ Festival Aug 14-15

PekingPorker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Who's in? I know a lot of Brethren teams will be in Athens, but this is just too close to home for us to miss (despite some of the annoying issues with the logistics).

This will be our first time returning since 2013 (our very first competition). Hoping to see some Brethren there and meet some new teams.

I am not cooking in this one but I will be there.

A team is coming from Japan ( Shogun BBQ ) and they will be cooking out of my trailer. I will be hanging out to keep an eye on my stuff as well as see how they cook. Should be lots of fun. This will be the first contest I have been at with a team where I am not the head cook. Hopefully it will be a learning experience.

Glad you'll still be there Will. Sounds cool with the Japanese team. Guess a trip to Japan is in your future?

Feel free to come on by and shig in my trailer :-D

We'll be there. Lots of teams on the list that aren't familiar to me, so hopefully several will pipe up here.

Are teams set up in the triangle-shaped parking lot north of 20th street?

Are teams set up in the triangle-shaped parking lot north of 20th street?

That's the spot. Load in entrance is on the west side of that lot for most teams I believe. The east side is for vending mostly I think.

My buddy Ivan of IB Smokin will be at the ATL show for his second ever contest. He struggled a bit at his Euharlee debut, so if y'all see him it would be great if you could offer any tips that would help a newbie team.

My buddy Ivan of IB Smokin will be at the ATL show for his second ever contest. He struggled a bit at his Euharlee debut, so if y'all see him it would be great if you could offer any tips that would help a newbie team.

Would be happy to help him out and give him any tips. I'll look for him, but tell him to feel free to come by and say hello!

Who's in? I know a lot of Brethren teams will be in Athens, but this is just too close to home for us to miss (despite some of the annoying issues with the logistics).

This will be our first time returning since 2013 (our very first competition). Hoping to see some Brethren there and meet some new teams.

Athens has a BBQ comp?

Sad that I live here and did not know this.

Athens has a BBQ comp?

Sad that I live here and did not know this.

You must not get into town much!

The event at the Classic Center is heavily promoted, including banners all over downtown. This is the third annual appearance for this KCBS Sanctioned event, which is also a GBC qualifier. The website is here: http://www.classiccitybbqfest.com/

Come out and check it out this year!

I met Ivan out there at Euharlee...nice guy. I'm pulling for him.

I'll be at Athens this weekend..I'm looking forward to some good que coming through the judges tent there.

I am on a Backyard team, my first competition, the Pub 71 Fantasy Porkers. Really looking forward to a good time.

I am on a Backyard team, my first competition, the Pub 71 Fantasy Porkers. Really looking forward to a good time.

Stop by my trailer and say hello. I'll be flying my Brethren flag. Let me know if I can help y'all out in any way. Atlanta was my first competition two years ago.

Would be happy to help him out and give him any tips. I'll look for him, but tell him to feel free to come by and say hello!

Tell Ivan we said hey! He was next to us in Euharlee, and (even though he is a Tech fan) he was a great neighbor and a great guy!. Hopefully he took my advice of trimming his meat at home for this one :becky:.

Encourage him to sigh up for an account on here so we can keep up with his adventures in the BBQ world.

Stop by my trailer and say hello. I'll be flying my Brethren flag. Let me know if I can help y'all out in any way. Atlanta was my first competition two years ago.

Thanks! I will definitely stop by and introduce myself.

That's the spot. Load in entrance is on the west side of that lot for most teams I believe. The east side is for vending mostly I think.

Ignore this comment. Things are different this year as the site has been expanded. Looks like all Load In is on the East side of the site on 20th street now.

We may be coming to Atlanta. I was hoping to cook Athens for the GBC points, but it is already full. We cooked Atlanta in 2013 and had a great time, so it would be fun to cook it again. I guess we'll make our decision tomorrow....

Hey Jeremy, I heard they may be coming to lay your floors or install cabinets or something in the Barn next weekend....you may want to just sit this one out. :)

We may be coming to Atlanta. I was hoping to cook Athens for the GBC points, but it is already full. We cooked Atlanta in 2013 and had a great time, so it would be fun to cook it again. I guess we'll make our decision tomorrow....

Hope you can make it, according to the map, there's two 30x20 spots still available.

Back