Beef ribs on a snowy day(in progress with ProN)

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Snow and a diet are not gonna stop me from taking advantage of the beef rib prices I've been getting or any other deal for that matter(I'm looking at you $1.38/lb pork butt down the street).

Anyway...

Picked up some beef short ribs from Harris Teeter. As you can see they are IMPS 130 ribs from the chuck section. I love these things. The meat is usually even and cooking is fairly straight forward.

The seasoning is Oakridge Santa Maria as well as Oakridge Black Ops. The charcoal is my usual Royal oak on top with Stubbs on the bottom. And my woods are fruita wood's cherry at first and then apple on the end. Cooking between 250-275ish, but won't hurt my feelings if she rides up to 300 for a while.

Hopefully I'll get two more sets of pics with this. One mid cook and the next being the finished product.

Yes, these WILL be fun getting out of the rib racks after they start to draw up, but I'm used to it.:heh::heh:

Tunes for the cook..

Those are some really nice looking beef bones Lantern. I'll just sit back and prepare to drool...

I've been looking for these...Harris Teeter, huh....

Yes. But they will NOT be out for sale like this. Call ahead and ask the meat guys if they have the bone-in short ribs before they cut them for sale. They come four slabs to one cryovac pack usually. You don't have to buy them all but I usually just tell them to keep them in the cryo and hand them over after they're weighed and priced. I like the idea of having as few people touching the meat as possible.:razz:

You can call around and ask any other stores this same thing. That way you can hit the ones with the best current deal. I always jump when I see 4.99 and under.:heh:

God Bless Texas. We invented beef ribs. :/)

Man those look good. Beef ribs are my favorite food group! Great job Lantern!

Back