Coffee Crusted Spanked Chawps! (pr0n)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score

Ordered some primo pork chops, $12/lb!
They were something else!
Made a brine with star anise, cumin, pepper and 3 Eyz.

IMG_3162_zps513f21d8.jpg

Made a coffee rub with spices and crusted the outer, then put 3Eyz in the center.
IMG_3167_zpsdd255073.jpg

Method:
Smoke the chawps with star anise, apple wood chips and cinnamon over low low temps

IMG_3186_zps40cde8c5.jpg

Don't need heat so just using four briquettes to smoke the envelope of spices! I place them in an old colander and heat in the Big STeel Keg.
IMG_3193_zps8dbb505e.jpg

If you look carefully you can see ice under the chawps!

IMG_3194_zpsac721f60.jpg

IMG_3208_zpsb1e4ade9.jpg

Got deep smoke penetration so then...
Onto the fantastic grate that SmokinAussie scavenged for me!
Brethren spirit!
Get some color and char, fire lick those sweet chawps!

IMG_3212_zps383f9f3a.jpg

Perfect!
IMG_3225_zps82df42b1.jpg

IMG_3226_zps2823e7e3.jpg

My effort at Pork Chawps!
Served with a spicy chili and fruit salsa, corn and bean salad!
Best pork I have ever eaten!

IMG_3239_zpse5167474.jpg

IMG_3233_zpsab6a6a19.jpg

Thanks Brethren!
:yo:
This isn't an entry in the TDs because somebody else did a chop so I cooked Pulled Lamb instead.

Last edited:
Dang buccs! Best chops I've seen in a while! How was the 2 tone rub? Never tried that one

Dang buccs! Best chops I've seen in a while! How was the 2 tone rub? Never tried that one

Thank you so much, Shaggy, I must admit I was pretty proud of the cook idea's and how they worked.
A cook with many firsts, including cooking over brisquettes!
The two tone worked and was nice. I will try that again, but I am as yet convinced it improves anything. Looks pretty tho!

They were far and away the best pork chawps we have ever eaten, anywhere!:thumb:

I've never done a coffee rub. This has me thinking I need to. Looks fantastic

Mmmmm.... I bet that smoke smelled wonderful! Looks delicious Buccs!

Try adding in a bit of coco powder with the coffee next time it really complements the coffee flavor. Also, if you like gravy with your chops, this rub calls for a true red-eye gravy.

I swear bucc, one of these days when I can afford a ticket to Aussieland, you're going to cook me dinner! Looks awesome!

I swear bucc, one of these days when I can afford a ticket to Aussieland, you're going to cook me dinner! Looks awesome!

I am perfectly serious when I say, hurry up, I got rooms, and I would love some American bro's to come eat with me!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OK, yup looks great but 12 per lb???? :confused: :doh:

Back