Utah Smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewartr002

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After lerkin' for a few days, I guess it's time for me to introduce myself. Howdy, I'm an avid BBQ'er (most of my life) and have just started smokin' seriously over the past 3 years. We live in Utah now, but we have moved around a bit as I work for the US Air Force (civil service) and I claim Florida as home. I love pit smoked meat (all kinds) and sweet sauce BBQ. My current equipment consists of a Charbroil side box wood/charcoal grill, and a Traeger Lil' Tex (wore out a smoke master electric previously). After having used the wood smoker and mastered the "tending of the fire", I must say, the Traeger electric pellet fed is an absolute God-send. Being able to set the temp and walk away for hours knowing that the grill is maintaining temp and feeding smoke has really stepped up my BBQ activity. I smoke every weekend now...but I digress. This site came to me via an article in the LA Times about Big Mista BBQ. I've Googled many other sites and frequent a couple but this is definitely the biggest resource and friendliest site I've seen and that's why I joined. It sounds like I've found a home with fellow enthusiasts. Looking forward to getting to know the Bretheren and sharing all those backyard BBQ techniques that make such good eatin'. I'll post an avitar pic soon. Also, I should mention that I'm a videographer and will probably be posting links to videos about BBQ soon on my web site. Next project is the Nugget Big Rib Cookoff over Labor Day in Reno, NV. I hope to find out what great ribs are supposed to taste like there and will try to convey their taste via the video medium. Man, my mouth is waterin' already. See you around the forum.
Smoke on!
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back