Apple wood score!!

amg1444

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Who needs a truck when you have a Cobalt!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 315
Who needs a truck when you have a Cobalt!!

lol..awesome
never used apple or any fruit wood,should be nice on some chicken! plan on seasoning it? still dont know if fruit wood is seasoned or not like std. wood

Sent from my GT-P7510

Apple is awesome smoking wood. Did you get it from an orchard or some other place? I'm jealous. Have fun with it!

Got it from a nearby orchard. And it's plentiful
Now is probably the best time of year to go looking. Best time to prune fruit trees is very early in the spring and that's now! The next thing the orchards will do is get rid of that wood as it can harbor insects and disease. Don't tarry!

I got as much of a crab apple as I wanted to throw in the back of my truck from a guy who didn't like it in his yard any more and cut it down. It was in bigger pieces so it was nice to have a little truck.

I have no experience with apple wood but wonder about all the herbicides they spray on the trees in the growing season. I assume it is safe this time of year?

Apple trees don't get sprayed with herbicides, they get sprayed with fungicides. The fungicides are water soluble, that is why they have to respray after a rainfall. I would not worry about using it. Pesticides are also water soluble.

Last edited:
We had high winds and a F1 Tornado Monday.
Lots of Pecan, Oak, and Hickory on the ground.
I've got to do my 'Good Samaritan' act and clean up a
couple of yards. :roll:
I haven't located any uprooted Apple or Pear trees lately.

In Alabama there is always too much free wood, for me to ever buy any.

I usually find someone every year or two who needs a apple three cut down. I still have a good bit from the last one i cut down and my mother in law has a couple she wants cut. Apple is the only wood i smoke with but a buddy has what he refered to as a "crap ton" of hickory he doesnt want.

We had high winds and a F1 Tornado Monday.
Lots of Pecan, Oak, and Hickory on the ground.
I've got to do my 'Good Samaritan' act and clean up a
couple of yards. :roll:
I haven't located any uprooted Apple or Pear trees lately.

In Alabama there is always too much free wood, for me to ever buy any.

Apple trees are not a Southern tree. Apples grow best up North.

I love apple wood for smoking pork, especially ribs. Nice score, amg1444.

CD

Back