Equipment Need for The Jack in October

SpiksterG

Found some matches.
Reaction score
We are flying in from Puerto Rico to compete in The Jack in October, and are trying to understand how to get equipment there. We're looking for two 22" Weber Smoky Mountains, and would like some recommendations on how to get them. We have been looking into Craigslist, Ebay and others with not much luck. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks!

Smoke 'Em All team.

Did you ask Wayne Lohman? He has some for international teams. And I'm sure you know Primo provides you 2 XLs.
When I cooked there 2 yrs ago I was able to borrow 2 WSM's from Bryon Chism (ButtRub) but I already know those are being used this year by de Filous (Belgium).
Sounds like you have plenty of Brethren willing to help though.

Thanks TQ. I will also message you later today to discuss. Thanks for helping out.

Cool. I have other stuff too like a 10x10 canopy and tables and stuff. Holler whenever. We were lucky to compete there a few years back and it is so awesome!

I don't have any wsm or you could use them, I cook on some uds. I live about 20 minutes from jack daniels and will be there, if I can be of any help just holler.

The International team hosts (Lohman's and Gages...) are very helpful; I hope by now you've heard from them. I believe the Jack has a few WSMs in storage just for such an occasion. Please let me know if you don't get offers for help... Send me a PM on here. I can bring down a 22" WSM from Canada for you to cook on, maybe an 18" also.

The Jack has a number of WSMs available for the international teams. If Primo is still a sponsor this year, they will be bringing in enough Primos for each of the international teams to use a couple of them, if they want.

EZ Ups and walls, work tables, chairs, fire extinguishers, disposable items (cutting boards, gloves, foil, etc.) are also provided.

I'll be down there working with the Lo-Gages and we'll do what we can to make your visit as enjoyable as possible.

We're about 10 minutes from Jason, and we have a ton of supplies too you can borrow! I have two EZ ups (one with sides), two folding tables, two cambros, pans, injectors...the list goes on and on!

Also, if you need rub/sauce, The Atlanta BBQ store, ran by Randy Boswell, is only 30 mins north of Jason and myself, so I know he can get you set up with any of that stuff too while you're swinging through town.

Please let me know if we can help! Good luck!!!

I just wanted to take a second and acknowledge how cool this thread is. It really showcases the essence of what BBQ is all about & I'm proud to be a small part in such a great community. Good luck to all down the BBQ trail!!

SmokeyMountainQ:

Couldn't agree more!!! It is wonderful the help that is offered so quickly between the members. We have been very lucky to have found all that we need through here.

Wanted to send a note to Roast Beef BBQ Team!

You guys rock!!! Thank you so much for lending us your equipment for The Jack. We had a blast, and everything worked perfectly.

You were a life saver to us at Smoke 'Em All BBQ - Puerto Rico.

Take care!!

Our pleasure. Congrats on your second trip to the holler. Hope to see y'all come through for round three next year!

Back