Ruben Fatty

Teleking

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As posted in the Fatty Throw down I finally broke into the Ruben Fatty this morning. Since a couple people asked how it was, here is the review. Again I can’t take credit for the idea as I saw it posted somewhere and thought why not.

Coarse ground a pre-corned brisket flat with the hand grinder. Didn’t want to cooperate through the fine plate for some reason.

Didn’t have any rye so honey oat it is. Here are the results.

First look on the inside:

DSCF1200.jpg

Couple slices on toast:

DSCF1201.jpg

A little more thousand Island for good measure:

DSCF1202.jpg

I will be doing this again, it is fantastic. If you like Rubens this is a must. I know traditional Rubens don’t have swiss cheese or bacon, but hey this is my version and it was spectacular. YMMV.:-D:wink:

Now I'm torn! I wanted to branch out into a brat fatty, but a Reuben sounds so good!

I'm thinking swiss and bacon should be the new staples for a Rueben!:cool:

Everything is better with Bacon so I wouldn't worry about the traditional Rueben not having it they probably just didn't have any Bacon.

I had thought about doing this after reading about Smokin_D's Blueberry Pancake fatty.

I guess I wasn't fast enough :icon_blush:

Like I said, I can’t take credit for the idea. I read it in a post somewhere and don’t know who to give the credit to. I am sure everyone will mix it up a little to suit their taste.

No credit is necessary! All fatties stand on their own!

Damn, now I have another one to try!

That sammie looks great!!!!

If I were to order one in a Bistro and there was no Swiss cheese on I'd be pissed off. Always put it on my Rubens. That looks great and makes me want to run out and buy a grinder.
Dave

Great looking sandwich and fattie. I love the corned beef idea...:cool:

Back