Amazing Ribs Pitmaster Club

I'm sure you appreciate others advertising your site for you at no cost to you; that's a benefit with a tangible, monetary value. But, that's fine. People can spend their money any way they want. No need to be so touchy about it, IMO.

Further clarification, though with your response I'm not sure you deserve more, when I wrote "make money" the phrase doesn't mean "getting rich" or "clearing a profit" or "positive return on investment" of this site. What it means in financial terms is "generating revenue." I have no doubt that this site is run financially as a service rather than a profit center. However, those flags can generate value, i.e. money.

For example, let's 1000 people see a flag. Of those 1000, 25 people join the site, of those 25 people, 2 pay dues. Viola, money maker, revenue generator, tangible monetary value.

I'm sure you appreciate others advertising your site for you at no cost to you; that's a benefit with a tangible, monetary value. But, that's fine. People can spend their money any way they want. No need to be so touchy about it, IMO.

Further clarification, though with your response I'm not sure you deserve more, when I wrote "make money" the phrase doesn't mean "getting rich" or "clearing a profit" or "positive return on investment" of this site. What it means in financial terms is "generating revenue." I have no doubt that this site is run financially as a service rather than a profit center. However, those flags can generate value, i.e. money.

For example, let's 1000 people see a flag. Of those 1000, 25 people join the site, of those 25 people, 2 pay dues. Viola, money maker, revenue generator, tangible monetary value.

Sorry.
I will not get into a public pissing contest with you so I am not biting, or buying. You obviously still have a problem with this forum and the mod team, which I am more than aware of. If you want to continue this line of comments, which are offtopic of the original intent of the thread, take it up with me via PM.

Back on topic:

I am glad the OP mentioned this. When I was first getting into BBQ (on my gasser), I found that site and it provided me lots of information. Due to that, I will try it for a year, give a little back for what I got from it.

That said, as I started getting more of the disease, I wanted to be able to read, learn, and ask questions. I found this site and have been on it pretty much daily since. I think I donated here within a week after I joined. I am not rich, but a small annual fee to help keep a website going is not going to kill me.

Just went to said site and got a pop up about the pitmaster site with every click, i always told myself if he ever wrote a book i would buy it because i like the reads there, but its like bullying and thats why im not buying, like my previous comment said any time i encountered a pushy sales thing I always am dissapointed

amazingribs does provide a link to this forum, thats how I originally found the bretheren.

Back