How's the price of beef where you are???

Big Dan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
How is the price of beef where you live? Going up here in the gulf coast of Texas a little, but still reasonable if you shop around. Wal Mart last month had brisket for $1.77 a Pound, and last night I snagged this almost 14 pounder for $2.48 per pound. This brisket has a HUGE point, so I had to buy it.

Attachments

• brisket.jpg
    brisket.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 249
  • brisket1.jpg
    brisket1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 250
Thanks to the Shoprite sale 2 weeks ago I snagged a 7.3 lb prime rib roast for around $38.

Besides that I feel my beef consumption is going to be extremely curtailed in the coming months.

SO about $5.20 a pound? Not bad for Prime.

My numbers were off a bit, probably closer to $36...it was the SR Easter week sale.

Probably the only time in my life I will buy a PRR.

I bought some OG beef trim from Costco for $18 for 4 lbs...but yeah looks like I'll be cooking a lot of chicken this summer :/

Just a couple of months ago I was bragging about $2.69 Prime CAB packers. Now over $4. Like gasoline, supply and demand, never once has anyone run out of beef or gas.

A local chain in Memphis has USDA choice CAB packers on sale for $2.98/lb right now for two weeks.
In reality it's 3.28 because they up everything by 10% at checkout (It's a sales gimmick) but still, for Certified Angus Beef I'm not complaining.

at $1.77 per pound I would have been like those guys that go ape crazy over KBB on sale.:crazy: We are paying $2.48-2.98 for choice packers in Central Texas.

About ÂŁ50 for 6kg packer
Or about $90 for 13lbs converted!!! Think that close to $7 per lbs!!!!!!

You can get cheaper from a supermarket, but the meat could come from anywhere in europe.

$2.98/lb at Wally World....the one on the left is so flexible I could probably twist it into a pretzel shape...

Last edited:
I just got back from the Monthly Supply run in town; Brisket at HEB was 2.48 lb for selcet and 4.57 for Prime Sandrson Farms Fresh Organic Birds where 1.47 lb, Pork shoulder 2.38 lb, Slocveks Sausage 2.57 lb 80/20 Grind Beef 3.00 lb, Chubs for Fatties 3.47 lb

I didn't price the brisket today, but Sam's had a big sign up for ground beef at $3.18/lb.

I didn't bother stopping.

I live in the same area as you so I'm experiencing about the same price as you.
This year my biggest offense was dealing with how the prices of eggs all went up for Easter. That pissed me off. Costco went from 2.30 per 18 pack to 3.99. Cheapest I found for Easter eggs were 2.79 an 18 pack, which beat out the dozen price. Got those from Kroger.

As soon as Easter was done Costco dropped their prices back down. :tsk:

We're in the $5.99/lb range for flats.
Well not WE, those people who buy them.
Although I am going to get one whole packer from Whole Foods this summer.
$5.99/lb. x 15 lbs = $90. Hope I don't overcook or undercook it!

Bought a 15lbs choice brisket today for $3.94 per pound...SUUUUUUCKS!:shock:

Got these today.

brisket_zpsae7e0d33.jpg

brisket2_zpsffa77d12.jpg

The way this market advertises is it teases you with a price then adds 10% at the register, but still they were 3.27/lb...for CAB. So I got one for this weekend and another to freeze.

Back