• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Looking into Toy Haulers

smokinit

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok guys any help hear would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at a few but some Ya's and Na's would help. We are also looking at a custom build with Extreme Trailers but it looks like we get more for the buck with a Toy Hauler.Recomendations on makes and models would help also.

Last edited:
They are the ultimate imo, had a 28 ft Campmaster a while back it was awesome for cook offs, best of both worlds but only if you have a roll in or built in cooker where you dont need to haul another trailer pit.

I have a toy hauler with a side ramp that I may be looking to get rid of next year. I'm going to be in New Holland this weekend. If you're around, you're welcome to check it out.

i only mention it because i have to unload then back into spots, if your going to cook on the ramp then it doesn't matter except for the bigger space.

cant wait to see the new headquarters!!

I have a Sportsmen TH 22 Toy Hauler. I bought it for the motorcycles but now it serves double duty. The downside to this one is that I have a Meadow Creek TS120p (push around) with warming box and insulated firebox. It rolls nice on a flat surface but it is a pain to push it up the ramp because of the extra weight. I can smoke in the warming box so I have two stacks. The stacks sit about 3 inches higher than the door opening. I have to lift the front end up to tilt the stacks to get it thru the door. I hope that makes sense!

See what you started dill weed:tsk: We will most likely be cooking on the deck. Looking for the most interior room we can have in the cargo area. Want to add a prep table and Cooler.

Things to consider. Weight, wind resistance on bumper pull vs 5th wheel. Also a 26' with 4' tongue is a lot harder to maneuver than a 38' 5th wheel. For trailers that big you need at least a 250 diesel and I'd suggest a 350 diesel. Extreme can make you a 5th wheel that gets the best of both worlds but its pricey. I'd seriously look at a 5th wheel toy hauler in the 30 to 34 range if possible.

Things to consider. Weight, wind resistance on bumper pull vs 5th wheel. Also a 26' with 4' tongue is a lot harder to maneuver than a 38' 5th wheel. For trailers that big you need at least a 250 diesel and I'd suggest a 350 diesel. Extreme can make you a 5th wheel that gets the best of both worlds but its pricey. I'd seriously look at a 5th wheel toy hauler in the 30 to 34 range if possible.

We will keep it to 24 to 26 and we have a 250 Super Duty that pulls our 11,000 pound trialer now with easy so this thing will be a breeze.

Two issues with that...

1. The fold down must be out in order to use it, so that eliminates most of the cargo area for use.

2. Anything you put in the cargo area goes directly into the tongue weight. A 3/4 ton or bigger would be mandatory.

Ya just though it was diffrent not for us!!

Back