• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Marinating pig ribs

B

bbq boyee

Hi y'all, I normally just put a rub on ribs and let them sit wrapped in plastic wrap over night in the fridge. When I do a pork roast, I'll take a can of concentrated apple juice, about a cup of water, salt and some white sage and marinate it for a couple of days. I was thinking about doing this with my ribs I'm gonna cook for new years. I've never marinated ribs before, and I'm wondering if any one has a favorite way of doing it. I usually do a semi sweet/spicy rub glazed with a blackberry sauce for my roast. As of now I'm planning on using the same recipe for my ribs. I want these ribs to make the ones who eat them think I'm some sorta BBQ god. Some folks already think I am, but they are the same type that don't know why a cast iron skillet is better than a Teflon coated one. Just looking for some ideas, not anyone's famous family secret recipe (although I wouldn't give it away if you gave me it :wink:) Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, I also will be cooking the ribs on the top rack of a propane grill with a pan of mesquite/alder chips below them.

I really don't think a marinade would do you any good. Stay with your favorite rub and you can't go wrong.

I have to agree with the captn, just rub 'em and smoke 'em, a marinade might make em taste like ham.....unless that's the flavor you're going for.

I admit I have tried a couple of different marinades on pork ribs. Apple juice and a tablespoon of rub, beer and rub, equal parts pineapple juice, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce. The problem is that I didn't think anything much of the results in regards to ribs. I have returned to the same method you mentioned above rub refrigerate over night.

Back