Creekstone brisket sale

bbqwizard

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Creekstone Farms is having a sale on their "Master Chef Choice" briskets. $59.99 each.

I have ordered these before from them. In my experience they are fairly close to prime grade, and the quality of their butchery is consistent.

Last edited:
Yikes!!

Creekstone Farms is having a sale on their "Master Chef Choice" briskets. $59.99 each.

Yikes, that sounds $$$$$$$$

How much per/lb is that?

I'm guessing this is a choice grade brisket...for $60 whole?

I usually see them for like $1.99/lb regular price here for choice whole briskets...that would be only about $23.88 for a 12lb roast.

Is there something special about the Creekstone Farms brisket?

Just curious....

C

Yikes, that sounds $$$$$$$$

How much per/lb is that?

I'm guessing this is a choice grade brisket...for $60 whole?

I usually see them for like $1.99/lb regular price here for choice whole briskets...that would be only about $23.88 for a 12lb roast.

Just curious....

C
I have ordered these before. Creekstone as a whole has very high grading standards. In my experience, even their choice briskets are just under prime. Their quality is pretty consistent too.

I have ordered these before. Creekstone as a whole has very high grading standards. In my experience, even their choice briskets are just under prime. Their quality is pretty consistent too.

I agree....

It's my understanding their ranches raise 100% Angus cattle, not the standard 50% black hide Angus that most packers call "Certified Angus".

I love to cook these for family gatherings, BE's are to die for.

it takes a certified USDA inspectors / grader to grade meat. They are supposed to be uniform although they are human.

In the largest fab plants there are 3 USDA inspectors / graders on site... just the same with the smallest custom fab facilities.

One would assume the graders in the smaller facilities have more time to do what they do ..which creekstone is.

Ouch...

shows Choice grade, 14 lbs approx.

Ouch..then that makes it approx $4.29/lb for brisket....a cheap cut of meat.

Is that a good price anywhere in the US?

I've seen that price for trimmed flats in a grocery store, but never nearly that much for a whole, untrimmed packer brisket.

Especially choice grade.

C

One would assume the graders in the smaller facilities have more time to do what they do ..which creekstone is.

After 28 years in the food industry, there is one thing that always stands out...never assume.

I am aware of the process. The point was that they seem to always be consistent and the quality has always been good. I can't say that about other companies I've used.

Just curious....

C

I used to use Creekstones when competing, they are generally much better than anything you will find in stores. At least, around anywhere I have lived ni the past few years.

Details please. :)

I used to use Creekstones when competing, they are generally much better than anything you will find in stores. At least, around anywhere I have lived ni the past few years.

In what ways?
I'm curious...more marbling? Bigger flat...?

While I love a good deal on things, I, conversely, have NO problem dropping some money when you get what you pay for, etc....so, I'm quite interested in this.

I dunno that I've ever seen a 'branded' brisket before in my area, but would be on the look out to try one if it is really worth it.

In what ways?

While I love a good deal on things, I, conversely, have NO problem dropping some money when you get what you pay for, etc....so, I'm quite interested in this.

I dunno that I've ever seen a 'branded' brisket before in my area, but would be on the look out to try one if it is really worth it.

http://www.creekstonefarms.com/grades.html

After 28 years in the food industry, there is one thing that always stands out...never assume.

I am aware of the process. The point was that they seem to always be consistent and the quality has always been good. I can't say that about other companies I've used.

Are u suggesting that professional USDA inspectors lower the bar for others? Prime is prime whether it's in Oklahoma or Alaska.

Paying triple the amount (on sale) of a standard commodity priced choice brisket seems to have a Cultist following baked in the price. I look forward to seeing them.

In what ways?

Both marbling and better flat. That being said, I would order 5 at a time and occassionally would get one that I didn't like the looks of.

Really, whether it is worth it or not is so subjective. Too me, at the time, it was.

Are u suggesting that professional USDA inspectors lower the bar for others? Prime is prime whether it's in Oklahoma or Alaska.

Paying triple the amount (on sale) of a standard commodity priced choice brisket seems to have a Cultist following baked in the price. I look forward to seeing them.

This is just the stupidest thing I've heard all day..........

There is a difference between a upper prime(+) and a lower prime(-), just as the same goes for choice grade or select. We won't even get into how accurate the grading is on brisket when your using the 12-13th rib to judge it by.

Buy what you want, cook what you want, too each his own!

it takes a certified USDA inspectors / grader to grade meat. They are supposed to be uniform although they are human.

In the largest fab plants there are 3 USDA inspectors / graders on site... just the same with the smallest custom fab facilities.

Not exactly how it works.

USDA grading is done by taking a sample of meat from a lot and grading it.

Not every piece of beef gets physically graded.
They bank on an average of the lot being of the same grade.

It is very possible to get prime grade meat that is labeled choice, just as it's possible to get a select cut that is labeled choice

YMMV

Ouch..then that makes it approx $4.29/lb for brisket....a cheap cut of meat.

Is that a good price anywhere in the US?

I've seen that price for trimmed flats in a grocery store, but never nearly that much for a whole, untrimmed packer brisket.

Especially choice grade.

C

Lots of places just don't have access to quality briskets. I live in eastern North Carolina, basically hog country, and beef isn't very popular out here. Only place I can usually find packer briskets is Wal-Mart and it's always SELECT quality. Even then it's usually around $3/Lb, so ~$4/Lb for Choice is pretty great! Really it just comes down to availability for me : I haven't been able to find a brisket for the last month. Neither Sam's or Costco has them in stock either.

Alright : took the plunge and ordered 3 briskets. I'm hoping I can rely on BBQWizard's endorsement that these are good quality briskets. haha Cheers all!
Probably a good time to say: "I do not get paid to endorse this company, I am only endorsing on my experience with them." :becky:

Cheers!:thumb:

Back