Team mentoring in southern california

Howdy Jesse,

Did you ever sign up with the CBBQA? If you don't get too many responses here, that would be a good place to get in touch with some teams.

I will be cooking the Guinea Pig next month, but 1) it's a closed event, and 2) I suck, so you don't want to learn from me

Howdy Jesse,

Did you ever sign up with the CBBQA? If you don't get too many responses here, that would be a good place to get in touch with some teams.

I will be cooking the Guinea Pig next month, but 1) it's a closed event, and 2) I suck, so you don't want to learn from me

Exactly what he said. Sign up with CBBQA. What questions do you have? Also not a great cook, but a lot of people helped me out so I have no problem paying it back.

Josh (aka Smokin' Money) is being modest. He had a number of Top 10 category calls in 2015, which is very good for a 2nd year team !!!

I don't have really any questions I guess I would just like to learn from some others. Tried to sign up for a Bbq judging class and they are full for California. I have done a few competitions and don't feel I did very good. I guess I would like to see if there is anyone out there looking for a hand in bbqing and in the process I could learn.

Which contests are you planning to compete at? If I'm not competing our judging at the same contest, I can act as your advisor/mentor. If you are involved in the CBBQA team of the year I recommend you read their rule as it pertains to guest cooks. I'm not going to the Newport Beach contest if that works for you.
Benny

What were your scores? Any way PM me and you can come and hang out at any event Im cooking. I might be able to help you get going in the right direction. BUT I would definatly take Benny up on his offer.

Thanks guys I have been gone for a little bit . I'm very grateful for all your help. I'm not sure which events I plan on doing this year. But I would definitely come and help you at any of the events locally

Be sure to sign up for the CBBQA, you never know what you can learn by volunteering to bust suds for a team, run boxes, etc. Be humble and watch what you learn.

Back