Chesapeake Bay BBQ July 25-26

Black Cat BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Do any of you all compete at this contest?

Is it a good event for a beginer to get their feet wet with competition Q?

If my cooker gets here I just may give it a try. I gather they had about 40 teams last year. I just talked to one of the organizers and gather they may have about 20 teams as of today... said he wasn't sure. He did say that a few teams from last year are not coming because of the price of gas.... I suspect we will be seeing more of this....

This was our first competition so I recomend it. Looks like we will not be going this year - but that's only because we are doing Que & Cruz the weekend before. The organizer is great the reps were great and all the teams were great. I say go for it!
Tom

This will be my third year there. The comp improves each year. Come on down and stop by. The only drawback is it's on asphalt and it gets a tad warm in July. I spoke with the organizer today and they are looking for a new venue possibility for next year. MD Special Olympics are the benefactors of the event. Going to miss you this year Tom. Oh well, maybe I have a chance in brisket then. BTW, congrats on your Royal invitation. Go for it and do us proud.

I came by to check it out the first year it was there. Very laid back and the teams were all very nice. It was very hot though.

Do you guys bring tents and sleep right there?

I was telling my husband about this event last night so he is going to round up some helpers. We will be there! This will be very exciting! I think I need a banner.....

Going to miss you this year Tom. Oh well, maybe I have a chance in brisket then. BTW, congrats on your Royal invitation. Go for it and do us proud.

Ron we really wanted to do this again but we are doing the Que & Cruz the weekend before & we just aren't organized enough to do 2 back to back. There is some talk of maybe teaming up with someone but I don't know if that'll happen or not.

Thanks - We will do our best not to embarrass ourselves at the royal.

Tom
http://dealer.collectorsarmoury.com/store/login/login.aspx

Do you guys bring tents and sleep right there?

People do a lot of things. We have 2 canopies and put up walls on one. We used to use an air mattrace now we use cots. You will see people sleepin in their cars, in tents, in the open in chairs, in cargo trailers and in RVs. Do what ever your comfortable with.

Tom

Back