• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is your favorite smoker or grill?

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mine is my Vision Grills Series M Kamado.

I like it because it retains heat well and is a fuel miser. I love that I can cook a few times before refueling. I like that the weather does not effect it. Food just comes out juicer and more moist. In my opinion, it's only downfall is being a fragile and rather heavy.

So what is your favorite and why?

Are you asking only about cookers we own or does it include those we'd like to own?

The one I'm cooking with currently.

Weber smokey mountain. It cooks exactly as good as my backwoods, I use the 14.5 model the most, but the others are every bit as good, just don't need the big capacity for me and my direct family. I did my sister in laws wedding on the 22.5 2 briskets on the top rack and 2 butts on the bottom. For the price of them I keep saying there the best smokers on the plannet.

Mine is my Vision Grills Series M Kamado.

I like it because it retains heat well and is a fuel miser. I love that I can cook a few times before refueling. I like that the weather does not effect it. Food just comes out juicer and more moist. In my opinion, it's only downfall is being a fragile and rather heavy.

So what is your favorite and why?
Currently, It's my Primo XL.

Tough choice. I love my wsm but I love stick burners so my 500 gallon stick burner is amazing for a strong smoke flavor. I think I would pick the wsm right now but after I fix up my stick burner it will be that one. It has a 1 inch opening on the door so a lot of heat and smoke escapes and it burns a lot more fuel then it should. Costs too much money to run it but now I'm going to fix it up since I have my 22 wsm to hold me over while I take time to fix it up. I bought the 500 gallon custom smoker from a friend for $400 so I got a great price on it. It's just not very well built and I want to fix it up so that it runs smoother and burns less fuel. I have to add wood to it evert 30-45 mins. It will fluctuate about 40 degrees during that 30-45 mins.

One of my two mini's. The jimmy maybe just because there isn't much it won't do for it's size, and it grills, sears,hangs, grate cook and hangs at the same time, portable and extremely responsive temp controls from 200-600*

I am a novice. Tomorrow, I will put a small brisket on my cheap offset smoker for my fourth smoke. The first two smokes did not work very well due to an assembly mistake. my third was terrific once I figured out and corrected what had gone wrong.

It ain't much, but it is a start:
photo%202_1.jpg

I am a novice. Tomorrow, I will put a small brisket on my cheap offset smoker for my fourth smoke. The first two smokes did not work very well due to an assembly mistake. my third was terrific once I figured out and corrected what had gone wrong.

Like anything else worth doing, becoming good at bbq takes time and practice. Keep at it, and you will consistently make great food. The smoker you use is secondary to the effort you put in.

Like anything else worth doing, becoming good at bbq takes time and practice. Keep at it, and you will consistently make great food. The smoker you use is secondary to the effort you put in.

I agree, my friend. even the two that did not turn out as I would have liked tasted ok. It is a learning process, but I am having a great time. Even the planning and anticipation is fun.

I will likely upgrade my smoker next season, but for now the COS is doing me just fine.

Thrilled with my Weber 26.75" for grilling and light-duty smoking. Effective, versatile and reasonably priced.

I have been in love with my Weber kettle for over 20 years, buy my favorite is my Pit Barrel Cooker. I cook way more often due to the way the PBC works and I'm always happy with the results. I honestly feel like I'm cheating.

For Q its hands down my offset stickburner. Nothing even comes close to the flavor it produces.

My 24"x48" Offset. It was only the second pit I ever built. It burns too much fuel, The walls of the cooking chamber are too thin. And the fire box should have been larger. However, it still puts out the best meat of anything I have ever built or used. It's that same every time. And it's like an old friend

My 18.5 WSM has many, many fans!

Some mean eats come off the SJS, too.

I do love cooking on my buddy's Lang 60D, though...

Heck, I love and will cook on anything! What ya' got?:thumb:

Last edited:
Gotta go with my 22 Weber Kettle, with the smokenator, rotis kit, and straight grill, it'll cover most all my cooking needs.

Back