New Shirley Fab On Order. And Now the Wait......

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well the one I currently have wasn't enough. A few emails back and forth last week and this week and Shirley #2 will be coming my way next year :becky:.

Here's my beast of a brisket helping to put the letter/details in the mail yesterday. It was also excited about the new order as well.

I can't say how lucky I am because I still have my current to keep me company during the waiting period :whoo:. So in theory the wait won't be too bad :crazy:. I'd say something like this will be my last SF, but we shouldn't say things we'll regret :razz::twitch:.

So, Jason, what is going to happen to the old one??

I don't know actually. I guess it will eventually be gone. Getting my new SF was not contingent on selling my current, so to be honest not sure when it will leave...........

Over the last few years since I've owned it I had a bunch of folks offer to buy it off me, but of course I didn't want to get rid of it.

What are the dimensions of the old one and what is the new one?

The wait is brutal... I'm 4 months in and starting to go crazy!! I have been very tempted to buy a COS to hold me over (but I already have 2 green eggs and a UDS) So I wait... and wait... and wait... When you REALLY want something it's so much worse waiting.

Last edited:
What are the dimensions of the old one and what is the new one?

The wait is brutal... I'm 4 months in and starting to go crazy!! I have been very tempted to buy a COS to hold me over (but I already have 2 green eggs and a UDS) So I wait... and wait... and wait... When you REALLY want something it's so much worse waiting.

It's the 24x60 model. I have lots of pics of it here.

Nice - what are the specs on the new one?
New one will be 30x70 cabinet straight back w/elevated cook chamber allowing a 3rd rack and tons of room.

Did your 24 x 60 just have two shelves? Is it about capacity, I ask because I have a 24 x 70 on order with elevated cook chamber to add a third rack, but I am approaching the no change date :)

Did your 24 x 60 just have two shelves? Is it about capacity, I ask because I have a 24 x 70 on order with elevated cook chamber to add a third rack, but I am approaching the no change date :)

It does have 2 shelves. My new build isn't based on capacity issues, just that I have a sickness and want something different :biggrin1:

I am considering the same chamber specs. What other options did you go with?

I didn't go too crazy oddly enough on the options :loco:. Stainless shelf, a few probe ports (though I almost never use mine now :razz:), 3rd rack in warmer, and that cool shelf on the warmer I saw another guy get is about it. Oh and the custom mounted 8 track player that will only play Dan Fogelberg 8 Tracks and is mandatory to have one playing at all times for the smoker to actually cook :clap2::clap2:.

Ok..........so technically I lied...................one of the options listed above is something I'm not getting, but I won't say which one :icon_blush:. You have to guess.

Keep em both!
You can never have too many smokers. :thumb:

Keep em both!
You can never have too many smokers. :thumb:

I would love too, but really don't have room for both now that I keep the one in the garage. I'd hate for one to have to be outside again. I could kick my wife's car out of the garage for a while and just have 2 SF's in there with no cars. She's so awesome I know she wouldn't even care.

I didn't go too crazy oddly enough on the options :loco:. Stainless shelf, a few probe ports (though I almost never use mine now :razz:), 3rd rack in warmer, and that cool shelf on the warmer I saw another guy get is about it. Oh and the custom mounted 8 track player that will only play Dan Fogelberg 8 Tracks and is mandatory to have one playing at all times for the smoker to actually cook :clap2::clap2:.

Ok..........so technically I lied...................one of the options listed above is something I'm not getting, but I won't say which one :icon_blush:. You have to guess.

This is what i am thinking:
30X70
Insulated FB
SS Shelf( extended to FB)
Dual Burners
Extra Grate in warmer
Wood Basket
3 probe insert
Remote grease drain
Both Dampers
Cabinet Doors
Straight Back
Elevated Cabinet with 3 racks

Spare tire and mount

But you know how watching those videos on FB make our minds wander.......

This is what i am thinking:
30X70
Insulated FB
SS Shelf( extended to FB)
Dual Burners
Extra Grate in warmer
Wood Basket
3 probe insert
Remote grease drain
Both Dampers
Cabinet Doors
Straight Back
Elevated Cabinet with 3 racks

Spare tire and mount

But you know how watching those videos on FB make our minds wander.......

Yeah the videos and pictures make it confusing to choose :biggrin1:. Looks solid. Ask about the extra shelf on the warmer if you haven't seen the pics of it.

Back