Assassin maiden Voyage

Jeffm827i

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So the first cook is under my belt. Cooked 4 Butts and a Turkey!!! I read that guys didn't get smoke rings and the meat didn't have enough smoke flavor......well I found the PB had a nice 1/8" smoke ring and as far as flavor it was perfect. Not as strong as my stick burner which at times could be to much. I couldn't be any more pleased with the performance of the Assassin!!! What a great cooker Jeff and his crew at C&C produce. Now to get started on the comp cooks and times.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 211
yeah, that bone looks like it will just about fall out on it's own.:thumb:

Going to get even better the longer you cook with it build up the seasoning. Great looking grub!:thumb:

Here is a brisket cooked on my assassian. I got a ring. Cooking with RO lump hickory in fire box and mixed in chamber Meat was put on cold out of the fridge. Start low and slow 225 or so then after 3 hours raise your temp if desired. Adding wood often

I sold my assassian IMO I could not get the smoke flavoring I get from a stick burner. I found for butts and brisket I was starting them on my trailer pit then finishing off in the assassain and sleeping.

That set and forget is nice but I found I was adding wood at about the same rate as my stick burner.

Everything looks good from here!
Congrats for new smoker!
Is Assassin a water smoker? I mean, do you have to put water along all the cook?

The Assassin is not a water cooker but it does come with a water pan if you desire to use it. I have never used the water pan and haven't had a problem with meat drying out.

Back