american royal health dept tosses food

.Gov at its absolute worst.
If you return food to Target - it is THROWN OUT. I'm sure it's the same
at other stores. Out of control regulation is not needed.
I'd pass a law saying "Smell Test". :)

political correctness and small time people with no other authority in their life have just wasted about 2 metric tonnes of food
What a saddening state of affairs the world is at the moment
However what does give us hope is the marvellous efforts both the kookers and the charity have done to look after those who are at the moment less well off as we may be
Your story is showcased the sad wastage of food / resources / animals and energy by shortsighted council officials
I will watch with interest to see if our "leaders" try the same down here with some other events

Thanks and wishing all from wherever a happy and safe festive season

Our founding Fathers did not intend for our governments to be so idiotic! The federal, state, and local gov. needs to keep the roads and bridges in good shape, keep the military and law enforcement agencies in good order, and a very few other things running then get out of the way and let us do the rest!

Jack

Most commercial food sellers (from fast food to restaurants) must discard extra food and not give it away to anyone.
I think the government does this cuz the homeless don't pay taxes. :twisted:

Our founding Fathers did not intend for our governments to be so idiotic! The federal, state, and local gov. needs to keep the roads and bridges in good shape, keep the military and law enforcement agencies in good order, and a very few other things running then get out of the way and let us do the rest!

Jack

This was an unfortunate situation which may have been avoided with more planning, but I'll gladly take the government trying to keep our air, food supply and water relatively safe and clean. Industry has certainly proven in the past that they can't and won't always put the interests of the public above their interests when it comes to these things.

Back