Meatfest at Bob's house - 24 hours of meat pron

Bob in St. Louis

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey all....
Once or twice a year, the planets align and we've got the time and money for an all day "smoked snack" fest. It's when I start cooking at 5:00am and stop..."whenever".

Basically, the family has nowhere to go, nothing outside the house to do, and I don't have some huge project looming.
So as it goes, every few hours I bring the family members little paper plates of smoked yummies. They don't know what it will be, when it will be, how it will be, or anything.
It's something I love to do and they love when I can do it.

Seems I spent too much this time though. An even $100 on meat alone. :redface:
That doesn't count the cheese and veggies. So I've probably got $150 in this deal, but the good news is that we'll have a BUNCH of leftovers that freeze quite nice.

Ok. That's enough talking. Here's the meat.
Clockwise from upper left:
- 10# of pork butts (two five pounders) $20.60 ($1.99/lb)
- 4 beef ribs $14.92 ($4.99/lb)
- 5.9# chuck roast $41 ($6.99/lb) :twitch:
- 1# ground steak $7 ($7/lb) :redface:

Seems I wasn't paying enough attention to the prices. That chuck roast is painful.

Here's the veggies and bacon.
...by the way, I found bacon on sale for $3 a pound !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We got a HUGE red onion, small 'maters, jalapeno peppers, sweet peppers, basil, 'schrooms.

The bite-size snacks will roll for hours. Those of you that "know", will be able to pick out what I'm doing based on my supplies.
The rest of you can wait until tomorrow when I start the main pron event with the photos.

Hope you like my tease so far..... Nighty night. :becky:

Thanks Everett!
Yes, I'm very fortunate, thank you. I will CERTAINLY keep y'all posted.
Tomorrow. ;)

Thanks dudes!
A few things I forgot to mention, and forgot to photograph:

- Bell Peppers (green)
- 2# cream cheese
- 1# Mozzarella cheese (block)
- 2 fatties (nekkid)

There's also multiple types of beer, wine, and whiskey. Oh...and coffee will start things out, of course. Not sure how long that will last, so don't hold me to it.

I like the idea of a Brethren Marathon Run. That's got my gears turning, for sure.

Smitty...oh man...please don't discount the 'schrooms. These are going to be awesome. if it helps, there will most likely be bacon involved.

I'll keep my finger off the trigger. Just yell .... "BRETHREN". ;)

Back