Is the Maverick 732 still the best way to go?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I just gave mine to my step-dad as a Christmas gift (along with a WSM, chimney starter, propane burner, thermopop etc)..

I need a replacement. The Maverick 732 has served me well the past months with only one probe going bad. Should I buy another or is there something better these days?

Thanks

Thermaworks makes higher quality thermometers but for the $$ it's hard to beat a Maverick ET-732 with a little care it goes along way.

Jen, you still have the Maverick? ...if ya do just order a new probe and as far as the instant read goes I'd look at the thermowand for 25 bucks. The Thermowand is pretty nice

i love my igrill2......amazing range and connectivity..not to mention 4 probe slots instead of 2 and it uses my phone as the receiver which is great since i dont have to carry around anything else...and since most of us always have our phone on us its very convenient

I just gave mine to my step-dad as a Christmas gift (along with a WSM, chimney starter, propane burner, thermopop etc)..

I need a replacement. The Maverick 732 has served me well the past months with only one probe going bad. Should I buy another or is there something better these days?

Thanks

I have a Maverick 732 and it's been well worth the money.
I purchased 2 each 6' replacement probes last year for backups.
One failed (pit temp) in less than 10 months.
I e-mailed Maverick to ask for help....
Even though I was way past my warranty, they sent me a replacement probe for $0.00.:clap2:
Free shipping:becky:
Also tips to make the probe last longer:mod:

I have nothing but good things to say about Maverick and their customer service.

Just saying. :blabla:

I have the 732 and 733, both have never had a problem. You can't beat it for the price.

I have used the 733 this past year as my main thermometer and it has been great.

One day, I was in the mood to try one of the more expensive thermoworks ones (dual probe). The main reason was so I could use their high temperature probe to see how hot my searing temps are haha, more just for fun.

Aside from now being able to have 4 probes, instead of 2 (with both the maverick and thermoworks) - all it really did was confirm that my maverick was working very well. IT was off by a couple of degrees here and there, but nothing significant at all (maybe 3 degrees at most) ... but the maverick still gets way more use as it has the wireless thermometer. I just take good care of it and when I feel the batteries are getting towards the end of their life, I will replace them to be safe before they go dead.

The maverick still has my vote! (And on an aside, the thermoworks are awesome - love it, but it hasn't quite justified the extra cost for me at this point).

Zach

Back