Discussion Thread -> "Cooked With Booze, Part II!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Cooked With Booze, Part II!"

1967011_ecode.jpg

This was ecode's entry in the 2012 Cooked With Booze Throwdown!

As chosen by robbq for winning the "Game Day Appetizers" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

robbq said:
Here's what I am thinking for a category:

Booze - whatever you make has to have some kind of alcoholic beverage in it. And it has to be in the food, not just consumed by the cook! All other standard rules apply.

smiley-eatdrink004.gif
smiley-eatdrink007.gif
smiley-eatdrink009.gif

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 1/30 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 2/9/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 2/9.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I'll be the first to start this off. Please accept this as my entry into the "Cooked with Booze, Pt II" TD.

Tequila Beef Fajita's - Details in link

BTW, it isn't mentioned in this post, but the details thread mentions that the Tequila is used in the marinade. (Thanks Toast!)

Please except this following as my entry picture:

IMG_3249_zpsxmgj7wis.jpg

Last edited:
I know there are going to be several entries better than mine. It should be a great TD... :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Smoked 82 pounds of raw pork for 5 different Super Bowl parties this weekend. I had a couple of pounds left so I decided to try a drunken style pulled pork chili!
Along with the chili I made a beer infused bacon, cheddar, jalepeno cornbread.
I was very surprised with how well it all turned out. I think I could have ate the entire cast iron pan of corn bread............... Oh and the extra beer and gold tequila might have made it just a little better than it really was............. L:roll:L

Please accept this as my official "Cooked with Booze" entry!

Happy Smoking,
Carolina OutlawZ

Those are great looking entries Smoke Dawg and Carolina Outlawz.

Some how, I think I am going to regret posting my entry so early. Feel like I have a BIG target on my back and just took the first two of many direct hits!

THoey, your silly. I looked at the entries and really wasn't gonna post. Your photo is top notch and will probably take this thing........
Guess I just posted to be in the mix...... Made for a good supper anyway.

Please accept this as my official entry to the "Cooked with Booze" TD...

Superbowl Sunday and it needs wings. PERIOD! :wink:

Followed this recipe loosely...

http://www.hellmanns.com/recipes/detail/32676/2/maple-bourbon-glazed-chicken-wings

Rounded up all the goodies!

0B647E3F-97E5-4DF7-BC83-6157B6B43DD0.jpg

Rubbed the wings with Oakridge HDD and threw them on Earl with a mix of pecan hickory and bradford pear.

328CFA0E-AC00-4D6E-92FC-B7CE498B4804.jpg

I also had a pork tenderloin on that was rubbed with Spicewine Heffer Dust and smoked to 140F served on Hawaiian rolls with Shagdog's Bourbon BBQ sauce and some gouda...but no pics of that.

Here they are with the Maple Bourbon Sriracha Mayo glaze...

E9571CA2-ED29-4B12-98F8-B050A5436ADD.jpg

After the glaze set-up...and my entry pic below!

5c6385f6-70fc-4a85-81ba-250e4f7b25bf.jpg

Got lots of compliments on the wings and the tenderloin, but the wings were clearly the star of the grub!

Pulled pork with Chalupa sandwich.

Official Booze TD entry.

A while ago I made myself a Chalupa sandwich and my wife a Pulled pork sandwich. Well wouldn't you know it, she got pulled pork on my chalupa sandwich and I got chalupa on her pulled pork sandwich. :tsk: I remembered thinking that someday that would make a great TD entry, well without further ado here is my Pulled Pork with Chalupa sandwich.

Oh and before one of you guys say "I don't see any Chalupas" or "where the fark are the Chalupas" these are the chalupas I'm referring too.

Ok now no more ado.

I started with a boneless pork shoulder rubbed down with Oakridge BBQ secret weapon (love that stuff) lightly smoked on the WSM with post oak @ 280 until it hit about 160.

Then I cut it into chunks so that I could remove most of the internal fat so I wouldn't over dilute my sauce with rendered fat. Here's where the chalupas and booze come in. My braising liquid consisted of 1-1/4 cup cheap red wine, 1 cup cheap water, 2 bell peppers, 2 sweet onions, minced garlic, crushed red peppers, 2 sticks of chourico and a small can of tomato paste.

I tuned the heat down and let it cruise for about 4 hours. The pork had rendered more than what I had hoped for so I separated the fat and reduced the remaining liquid. This is what I ended up with after pulling the pork and mixing in the chalupas.

And my vote pic please.

They were fabulous, thanks for looking.

You are not alone Ron. My limited knowledge of Spanish or even Mexican food says a Chalupa is a Tostada type dish. I don't even see that.

What I do see is some great looking pork that was cooked with booze on a smoker. Meets all the requirements of this TD... :wink:

Back