Is this a good deal - Weber Gas Grill

tb80

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I found a deal for $30 for a Weber Spirit gas grill. I don't know anything else about it but the seller said it works great and nothing needs to be replaced.

I would like a basic gas grill to do hot dogs or burgers or chicken real quick when necessary. Would this be a good deal? If so, anything I should look for when checking it out before buying.

00S0S_fNcYVU7Afvj_600x450.jpg

01717_cvpdbGLRI2b_600x450.jpg

That seems like a great deal.

Look at the grates, flavorizer bars and the burners. Those are the things that typically need replacing. Also, look at the bottom on the grill box itself. That is the next thing to go.

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and picked it up. There was some rust on the grate, flavorizer bar and burners, but it still looks like it has some life left in it. Plus, since it was only $30, I think I can get the replacement parts and come out ahead. The owner wasn't sure of the exact age but thinks it is 2 years old.

Yep,.. good deal. Look at the burners in the cook chamber,.. are they in good condition,.. or all rusted and broke, what about the grates? 2, Lid,.. does it work like it's supposed to. 3. propane hook up, does it appear to be in good condition. 4. Is it stable,.. or does it need some TLC and a few new bolts to sturdy it up. 5. wheels roll? 6. knobs work? are they all there? 7. Push button lighter,.. does it work? 8. They got any extra parts to throw in,... maybe they bought the rotissery for it,... or a cover,.. never know till you ask.. It looks like a great deal, and well kept, go get her !:thumb: EDIT: LOL,... I'm late again.... LOL..... Congrats on the cooker !

All good info. The Spirit is Weber's value line so to speak and I believe it's made entirely in China. The quality isn't quite as good as the Genesis and Summit lines, but they are still very good grills. Especially for $35.

It's fine if the burner tubes look a bit rusty/corroded. Just make sure that they aren't falling apart. Same with the flavorizer bars. As long as they are solid and not full of holes, there's no need to replace them. When it does come time to replace the flavorizers, look for 3rd party bars on ebay from a guy named RCPlanebuyer. He makes Stainless Steel bars that are thicker and better than the one's from Weber, and they cost much less.

As to the grates, there's a couple of different types of them. In any case, if they aren't falling apart, you should be able to clean them up nicely. When it comes time to replace, you'll have some decisions to make as there are a number of different styles of grates that will fit that grill.

Back